Source:- https:// www . healthegyan . com/tag/breathing-exercise/
The process of breathing in the Surya Bhedana Pranayama is inhaling with the right nostril and exhaling from the left nostril. In all the processes of breathing, the energy goes through Pingala or Sunrise. In the article below, we have provided you with information regarding the method of Surya Bhedana Pranayama, its benefits as well as the precautions associated with this Pranayama.
Pranayama is generally considered to be a process of breath control. Through Pranayama breathing, this energy is transmitted to all the channels of the body. Surya Bhedana Pranayama is one such Pranayama that has many health benefits. This is because the complementary action is done through the right pore of the nose. The regular practice of Surya Bhedi Pranayama helps to awaken Kundalini Chakras.
What Is Surya Bhedana Pranayama (सूर्य भेदन प्राणायाम)?
Surya (सूर्य) means the “Sun” and as per the yoga rules; the right nostril is believed to be the Surya Nadi of our body. In the Surya Bhedi Pranayama, we use our Pingala i.e. right nostril for inhalation and the left nostril for the exhalation process. The Surya Bhedi Pranayama is known as “Right Nostril Breathing” in English.
This pranayama increases the efficiency of the nervous system and digestive systems.
Steps to Do Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
We are explaining the method of Surya Bhedi Pranayama for pulse purification. Check out the methods of doing Surya Bhedi Pranayama right below:
Step By Step Instructions for Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- At first, sit on the floor in a comfortable Asana or Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
- Keep your head and spine straight
- Close your eyes and relax your whole body
- Put the hands on the knees in the Chin or Gyan Mudra (hold the index finger and thumb together yet lightly while spreading the remaining 3 fingers i.e. middle finger, ring finger, and little finger.)
- When the body is in a calm and relaxed state then concentrate on your breath for some time
- Then close the left nostril with the fingers of the right-hand finger and slowly inhale from the right nostril
- Now close your right nostril to exhale from your left nostril
- Again close the left nostril to inhale with the right nostril and close the right nostril to exhale from the left nostril
- Repeat this process for 10 to 15 minutes
The ratio of breathing should be 1:4:2; it means if you inhale for 1 second then hold the breath for 4 seconds and then exhale for 2 seconds.
Time & Duration For Pranayam:
If you practice it every day, you will get good results. Practicing this pranayama on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening is more fruitful. The time period of this pranayama should be gradually increased. Initially, this pranayama should be done for 4-5 minutes.
Precautions Of The Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- A person with high BP should not practice the Surya Bhedi pranayama
- Do not practice the Surya Bhedi Pranayama after the meal, because it can increase the problem of indigestion
- Heart patients should not practice this Pranayama
- Inhale only through your right nostril and exhale only through your left side nostril
- The ratio of Inhalation & exhalation should be 1:2.
- A person who is suffering from fever should not practice this Pranayama
Benefits of the Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
Here I have listed the Surya Bhedi Pranayama benefits right below. The Surya Bhedi Pranayama provides us with a handful number of benefits if we practice this pranayama on a daily basis and of course in a proper way. So let’s now check out the benefits of Surya Bhedi Pranayama below:
Increase Positive Thinking
It is involved in communicating positive thoughts with the regular practice of this pranayama. When our thinking becomes positive then it results in bringing positive changes into our lives. And along with this, we can achieve peace of mind with the regular practice of this pranayama.
By this, sex energy gets the right dimension. By achieving restraint on the sun, solar knowledge is attained. Sun is the center of energy and its work is lust. Or say that the center of the libido is the solar energy inside us.
Generates Heat Inside The Body
The regular practice of this Pranayama produces heat inside the body. Sometimes, due to the failure of temperature control, the body increases the temperature. Hyperthermia occurs when the body produces or absorbs more heat than its ability to dissipate heat. So to fight such problems regularly practice this pranayama.
Cleans The Intestines
By regular practice of this Pranayama, the intestine becomes clean and purified. So to purify your intestine, practice the Pranayama on a daily basis and also get noticeable results in just a few weeks.
Beneficial In Cough
Regular practice of the Surya Bhedi Pranayama resists cough diseases. The effect of the phlegm on the body reaches from the head to the chest. If the balance of phlegm worsens, then such diseases, like those of headache, cough, colds, migraines pain, etc. increase. But regular practice of this pranayama keeps it in control.
Q. What Precaution Should I Take While Doing Surya Bhedana Pranayama?
A. People with high blood pressure and a hot temper should not do this
Q. When Should I Practice Surya Bhedana Pranayama?
A. If you practice it every day, you will get good results. Practicing this pranayama on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening is more fruitful.
Q. For How Long Should I Practice Pranayama?
A. Initially, practice this pranayama for 4-5 minutes. The time period of this pranayama should be gradually increased.
Q. What Should Be The Breathing Ratio For Pranayama of Surya Bhedana?
A. The ratio of breathing should be 1:4:2; it means if you inhale for 1 second then hold the breath for 4 seconds and then exhale for 2 seconds.
Q. How to do Surya Bhedana Pranayama?
A. The Surya Bhedi Pranayama, we use our Pingala i.e. right nostril for inhalation and the left nostril for exhalation process.
- Effective Poses Yoga For Sinusitis Treatment
- Know About Some Standing Asanas In Yoga & Its Benefits
- Know How To Do Sitting Asanas In Yoga & Its Benefits
- Remove Mucus With Poses Of Yoga For Nose Blockage
- Jalandhara Bandha Benefits Steps & Its Precautions
- Supta Vajrasana Step By Step Instructions To Do This Asana
Leave a Reply