Source:- https:// www . healthegyan . com/tag/breathing-exercise/
The process of breathing in the Surya Bhedana Pranayama is the process of inhaling with the right nostril and exhaling from the left nostril. In all the processes of breathing, energy goes through Pingala or Sunrise. In this article below, we have provided you information regarding the method of Surya Bhedana Pranayama, its benefits as well as the precautions associated with Surya Bhedana Pranayama.
What Is Surya Bhedana Pranayama (सूर्य भेदन प्राणायाम)?
Everything You Need To Know
- 1 What Is Surya Bhedana Pranayama (सूर्य भेदन प्राणायाम)?
- 2 Steps to Do Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- 3 Step By Step Instructions for Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- 4 Precautions Of The Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- 5 Benefits of the Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- 6 Increase Positive Thinking
- 7 Enhances Energy
- 8 Generates Heat Inside The Body
- 9 Cleans The Intestines
- 10 Beneficial In Cough
Surya (सूर्य) means the “Sun” and as per the yoga rules; the right nostril is believed to be the Surya Nadi of our body. In the Surya Bhedana Pranayama, we use our Pingala i.e. right nostril for inhalation as well the left nostril for exhalation process. The Surya Bhedana Pranayama is known as “Right Nostril Breathing” in English.
This pranayama increases the efficiency of the nervous system and digestive system.
Steps to Do Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
We are explaining the method of Surya Bhedana Pranayama for pulse purification. Check out the methods of doing Surya Bhedana Pranayama right below:
Step By Step Instructions for Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- At first, sit on the floor in a comfortable Asana or Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
- Keep your head and spine straight
- Close the eyes and relax your whole body
- Put the hands on the knees in the Chin or Gyan Mudra (hold the index finger and thumb together yet lightly while spreading the remaining 3 fingers i.e. middle finger, ring finger, and little finger.)
- When the body is in a calm and relaxed state then concentrate on your breath for some time
- Then close the left nostril with the fingers of the right hand finger and slowly inhale from the right nostril
- Now close your right nostril to exhale from your left nostril
- Again close left nostril to inhale with right nostril and the close right nostril to exhale from the left nostril
- Repeat this process for 10 to 15 minutes
The ratio of breathing should be 1:4:2; it means if you inhale for 1 second then hold the breath for 4 seconds and then exhale for 2 seconds.
Precautions Of The Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- A person with high BP should not practice the Surya Bhedana pranayama
- Do not practice the Surya Bhedana Pranayama after the meal, because it can increase the problem of indigestion
- Heart patients should not practice this Pranayama
- Inhale only through your right nostril and exhale only through your left nostril
- The ratio of Inhalation & exhalation should be 1:2.
- A person who is suffering from fever should not practice this Pranayama
Recommended Articles :-
- Effective Poses Yoga For Sinusitis Treatment
- Know About Some Standing Asanas In Yoga & Its Benefits
- Know How To Do Sitting Asanas In Yoga & Its Benefits
- Remove Mucus With Poses Of Yoga For Nose Blockage
- Jalandhara Bandha Benefits Steps & Its Precautions
- Supta Vajrasana Step By Step Instructions To Do This Asana
Benefits of the Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
Here I have listed down the Surya Bhedana Pranayama benefits right below. The Surya Bhedana Pranayama provides us a handful number of benefits if we practice this pranayama on a daily basis and of course in a proper way. So let’s now check out the benefits of the Surya Bhedana Pranayama below:
Increase Positive Thinking
Surya Bhedana Pranayama is involved in communicating positive thoughts with regular practice of this pranayama. When our thinking becomes positive then it results in bringing positive changes into our lives. And along with this, we can achieve peace of mind with the regular practice of this pranayama.
By this, sex energy gets the right dimension. By achieving restraint on the sun, solar knowledge is attained. Sun is the center of energy and its work is lust. Or say that the center of libido is the solar energy inside us.
Generates Heat Inside The Body
Regular practice of the Surya Bhedana Pranayama produces heat inside the body. Sometimes, due to the failure of temperature control, the body increases temperature. Hyperthermia occurs when the body produces or absorbs more heat than its ability to dissipate heat. So to fight such problems regularly practice this pranayama.
Cleans The Intestines
By regular practice of this Surya Bhedana Pranayama, the intestine becomes clean and purified. So to purify your intestine, practice the Surya Bhedana Pranayama on a daily basis and also to get noticeable results in just a few weeks.
Beneficial In Cough
Regular practice of the Surya Bhedana Pranayama resists cough diseases. The effect of phlegm of the body reaches from the head to the chest. If the balance of phlegm worsens, then such diseases, like those of headache, cough, colds, and migraines pain etc. increases. But regular practice of this pranayama keeps it in control.