Different asanas of yoga have different advantages. That’s why different postures are done for each problem. Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose is one such posture by which you can overcome many problems. In order to avail the benefits of the Parvatasana (पर्वतासन) or Seated Mountain Pose, it is necessary to get complete information about this pose.
In such a situation, it is also important for you to know what the Parvatasana is or Seated Mountain Pose is what the benefits of the Seated Mountain Pose, etc. are.
What does it Mean By Parvatasana?
The term Parvatasana has come from two Sanskrit language words
Where the first word “Parvata (पर्वत)”, which means “Mountain”
And the second word is “Asana (आसन)”, which means “Yoga Pose”
Parvatasana is also known as the Seated Mountain Pose in English. As the name of Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose suggests that the pose carries its benefits from the mountain’s strength, fixity, and stability.
Preparatory Poses of Parvatasana:
How to Do Parvatasana?
- To perform this asana, first of all, you have to sit in Padmasana or Lotus Pose
- You have to tie the legs in such a way that you can comfortably swing the body in the air with the help of your hands
- After this, breathe slowly and hold the breath for some time
- Then you have to move both hands upwards and hold your breath as long as possible
- When the hands move up, interlock the fingers of both hands
- After some time to come back to normal position, for this, you slowly exhale and bring the hands down to your knees.
- While doing this asana, you have to keep the waist straight and keep the body straight too
- During this asana, your shoulders, arms, and waist have to be straight. That means the stretch in the muscles will remain intact.
- Repeat this process after some time
- If you want, you can change the position of your feet and make sure that your spine is always straight
Precautions Of Parvatasana Or Seated Mountain Pose
Anybody can do this asana, but before doing this, we must take some precautions…
When you do this asana, your hands should not bend at that time.
Your waist should be straight.
Keep the fingers of your hands straight.
Benefits of Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose:
We get many benefits by performing Parvatasana Yoga posture, so we must do this asana to get the benefits of this asana.
- To overcome uterine diseases and to eliminate the sagginess of the skin after pregnancy, one should do Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose
- With regular practice of Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose you will get rid of many health issues
- Through this asana, you can deal with the problem of fickle mind and thus it will increase your concentration
- If you can’t pay attention to your work or study or if you are not able to focus on anything in your life, then you should practice Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose on a daily basis.
- To remove the fat around the waist, you should do the Parvatasana or Seated Mountain Pose, as this can help you lose weight quickly from the waist area.
- There is no better way to get rid of lungs or respiratory diseases than the regular practice of this asana.
- To protect against stomach diseases, arthritis diseases, you should practice this asana on a daily basis
- If you want to get rid of the problem of stiffness in the shoulders, pain in the shoulders, etc., then you should practice it regularly.
- Parvatasana or the Seated Mountain Pose is ver beneficial for restraining and treating paralysis.
- It stretches the muscle arms, spinal cord, and abdomen.