Source :- i.pinimg . com
Baddha Padmasana or Locked Lotus Pose is a breathing yoga that is mentioned in Sanhita. Baddha Padmasana is a very good combination of the brain and spinal cord. Every person in the world wants to be healthy and they adopt many ways to be healthy, yoga is a very good medium to keep our body healthy, it is the most popular today in the world, yoga is very easy for everyone. This article explains the benefits of Baddha Padmasana, the way to do this, and precautions.
Every person in the world wants to be healthy and adopts many methods for this, yoga is a very good medium to keep our body healthy. Yoga is the most popular thing to be healthy around the world. Doing yoga is very easy for everyone.
Baddha Padmasana or locked lotus pose is such a yoga that maintains physical and mental stability. The Baddha Padmasana is mentioned in the Gheranda Samhita. It is a breathing technique, it is a very good yoga for the brain and spinal cord.
Table of Contents
What is Baddha Padmasana?
Baddha Padmasana or locked lotus pose is a Sanskrit word in which the word ‘Baddha’ means ‘locked or closed’ and ‘Padma’ means ‘lotus flower’ and ‘asana’ means “yoga pose”. Baddha Padmasana is also known as “Locked Lotus Pose” in English because in this posture your body becomes like a closed lotus.
Baddha Padmasana or locked lotus pose is a meditation that maintains physical and mental stability. Let us now tell you about the method and benefits of Baddha Padmasana.
Source :- pbs.twimg . com
Steps To Do Baddha Padmasana:
- Sit on the floor
- Now place your right leg on the left thigh and keep the left leg on the right thigh, it is a classical cross-legged Lotus mudra.
- After this, move both of your hands backward in the opposite position,
- Holding the thumb of the left foot with your right hand and hold the thumb of the left hand from the left hand.
- Place your spinal cord and head in a straight line in the tied padmasan.
- In it, you can keep eyes closed or even open.
- You try to stay in this pose for at least 30 seconds or more, as long as you can stay.
- Keep your breathing normal.
- After this, open your lock of the legs, and gradually come to your initial position.
Source :- i.ytimg . com
Benefits Of Baddha Padmasana:
We all know well that there are many advantages of yoga, in the same way, there are many benefits of Baddha Padmasan, so let’s know its benefits in detail…
Makes Your Legs Strong:
In order to do Baddha Padmasana, you have to hold both feet behind your back and keep your hands on your knees, so that the pressure on your knees is tied, that is how Baddha Padmasan makes your legs flexible and strong. This is one of the baddha padmasana benefits.
Makes Spine Stronger:
In order to do Baddha Padmasana or lotus pose, your spinal cord is completely straightforward, due to which your spinal cord weakness is removed and it becomes stronger, with its wrists, elbows, back, hips, shoulders, knees pain too. This one of the health benefits of baddha padmasana.
Cure Many Diseases:
Badha Padmasana is a good meditation pose to cure diseases. Regular practice of this yoga helps in diseases of the heart, stomach, lungs, liver, etc. Apart from this posture, indigestion, flatulence, headache, migraine, and uterus, The problems of cervical spondylitis are relieved. Baddha Padmasana is beneficial to improve the functions of the digestive system and constipation.
Increases Blood Flow:
If this yoga pose is performed correctly, articulating all muscle groups of the body and engaging without tension. It brings blood to each of these areas, which improves the efficiency of cellular function as well as removing toxins from the body. Although this process is subtle, learning to stand like this in daily life will strengthen and improve the function of our cardiovascular system.
Poor digestion can be corrected by adopting Padahastasana. By doing these yoga postures, our digestive system works smoothly. Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or intestinal problems, and gastric problems can be overcome. Along with this, stomach, intestine, liver-related troubles can also be avoided.
Increase Mental Stability:
Practicing Baddha Padmasana or locked lotus pose increases our mental and physical stability, in which the mind keeps calm and experiences mental peace. This pose makes a definite flow of stream flowing towards our brain, which keeps our mind calm, bound Padmasan Yoga makes our mind fit to do the regular practice of this yoga. This is one of the Baddha Padmasana benefits.
Source :- finessyoga . com
Precautions Of Baddha Padmasana:
Although there are no losses for doing yoga and pose, it is very important to keep some precautions before doing this.
- If you have pain in your knees, do not practice this posture.
- If your knee has recently undergone surgery, then you should not do it.
- Baddha Padmasana should not be done to those people who are troubled by back pain and shoulder pain.
- If you have sprains on your feet, then you should not refrain from this posture.
- Pregnant women should not do Baddha Padmasana.
Which type of pose is Baddha padmasana?
Locked Lotus Pose is a breathing yoga that is mentioned in Sanhita. Baddha Padmasana is a yoga that is a very good yoga which is very good for the brain and spinal cord. This yoga is a type of hatha yoga that helps to reduce stress.
Who should not do padmasana?
People who have pain in their knees or knee injury, should not practice this posture. People whose knee has recently undergone surgery, should not do it. Baddha Padmasana should not be done to those people who are troubled by back pain and shoulder pain.
- Utthita Padmasana | Tulasana| Steps & Benefits
- Supta Baddha Konasana | Steps & Benefits
- Know All About The Shavasana Benefits, Steps & Precautions
- How to Do Navasanaa & what are the Navasanaa benefits
- Know All About Supta Virasana Benefits, Steps & Precautions
- Know All About Kurmasana Benefits And The Steps