Supta Virasana is also known as Reclined Hero Pose. By doing Supta Virasan you can get rid of many types of diseases, its regular practice will give you relief in all kinds of problems related to digestion. Supta Virasan also eliminates the gas produced in your stomach. If you are new to yoga practice, then you may have some difficulty in doing Veerasana. But practicing it regularly you can do it easily. Read below to know more about Supta Virasana benefits.
What Does It Mean By Supta Virasana?
Sanskrit Name: Supta Virasana (सुप्तवीरासन)
English Name: Reclined Hero Pose
Type of Yoga: Hatha Yoga
Level of Yoga: Intermediate
Duration: As per your capability or 30 seconds to 1 minute
Target Area: Thighs, Knees, Ankles, Abdomen, Arm
Strengthens: Arches of your feet
Supta Virasana (सुप्तवीरासन) or Reclined Hero Pose is a widely held yoga posture which actually is a Sanskrit word,
Here ‘Supta‘ means ‘reclining or lying down‘,
‘Vira’ means ‘chief or hero’,
And ‘asana‘ means ‘mudra or status‘.
In this Supta Virasana yoga posture, our upper body comes on the back so that it lies back on the ground. The arms are as well placed on the ground and your palms have to face the ceiling. Supta Virasana benefits are many; today let’s talk about the Supta Virasana benefits, steps, preparatory poses, follow-up poses, precautions, and so many more in this post below.
Preparatory Poses of Supta Virasana:
- Balasana (बालासन) or Child Pose
- Baddha Konasana (बद्ध कोणासन) or Bound Angle Pose / Butterfly Pose
- Gomukhasana (गोमुखासन) or Cow Face Pose
- Bhujangasana (भुजंगासन ) or Cobra Pose
- Virasana (वीरासन) or Hero Pose
How to Do Supta Virasana?
Source :- yogaart . com
- Sit on your torso on the floor or on a yoga mat
- Now bend your knee and make sure the knees are directly placed under the hips
- Take your palms on your knees
- Bringing the knees as close to each other as possible widen your feet. Make sure your feet are placed in such a way that it is wider than your hips’ width
- Now slowly lean the hips and roll your calves ensuring that the hips are placed between the heels
- Keep the hands by your sides
- Bending your tailbone backward lie down on the ground
- Shifting the bodyweight on the elbow release your buttocks and lower back
- If you are comfortable in this posture then take the arms over the head
- At this point in time, your palms should be facing the ceiling
- Hold on to this pose for 30 to 60 minutes and then slowly come back to your previous position.
Follow-up Poses Of Supta Virasana:
- Baddha Konasana (बद्ध कोणासन) or Bound Angle Pose / Butterfly Pose
- Bakasana (बाकसाना) or crow or crane prose
- Padmasana (पद्मासन) or Lotus Pose
Supta Virasana Precautions:
- Do not an emphasis on the body too much while performing this posture
- Do not try this posture if you feel sharp twisty sensations in the knees
- Drawn the inner ankles inside to protect the knees
- Do not practice this yoga Asana if you have back pain, knee pain or shoulder pain
- If you are a beginner then you can use a folded blanket under your back for support
- Do not try it for the period of the last months of the pregnancy
Recommended Articles :-
- Bhujangasana Benefits Everyone Should Know
- Know The Steps And Benefit Of Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Know About The Steps, Precaution, And Benefit Of Salabhasana
- Steps, Precaution & Benefits Of Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand)
- Side Plank Benefits: 6 Astonishing Benefits Of Side Plank
- Know In Details About The Steps And Benefits Of Halasana
Supta Virasana Benefits
Source :- i.ytimg . com
The Supta Virasana benefits are many, as it is an effective yoga practice to relax the mind and body. It provides relief to muscle pain and is good for the nervous system. This asana is a popular one and it has been practiced for ages. Let’s now check out the Supta Virasana benefits below:
Supta Virasana Benefits To Open The Heart
Under this position, you open your front body and also your heart. Consequently, regular practice of this asana helps you to promote good heart health. So, to get most Supta Virasana benefits, regularly practice this asana.
Supta Virasana Benefits For Health Effects
It is believed that this Yoga pose can activate the body to give treatment to numerous energy centers. If you are suffering from sciatica or arthritis, then you can practice this Supta Virasana, because the posture provides many health benefits if you practice this asana regularly.
Supta Virasana Benefits For Asthma
By fetching more circulation in your lungs and also other respiratory organs, the posture has the benefit of asthma or other issues related to the respiratory.
Supta Virasana Benefits to Stimulate Digestion
Practice this Supta Virasana yoga asana to stimulate digestion, reduce the pain of stomach, like diarrhea, and also treat menstrual cramps. It is also a great way to improve digestive processes and thus now you have got more reason to use it.
Supta Virasana Benefits For Flexibility
Often, it is felt that the body may be reclined from the upper hemisphere where your body has already been used for waist turning and hand exercises. Regular practice of this asana brings flexibility to the body, especially at the lower part of the body.
Supta Virasana Benefits For Internal Peace
Supta Virasana posture is well-known as Hero Pose; this pose not only helps in physical health but it is also a big hand in the cases of some mental issues. Therefore, as per many experts of yoga, this yoga is one of the most effective yoga Asanas which makes the inner self peaceful. As soon as you close the eyes and breathe high, you will feel that you have a calm and soothing sensation by making inner peace.
Supta Virasana Benefits For Better Blood Circulation
This Yoga mostly focuses on pressure points in lower parts of the body and spreads in the upper parts of the body. It is a decent condition to make supplementary blood flow in the body regulating blood circulation. This is certainly one of the most significant principles for a healthy body.
Supta Virasana Benefits For Pregnancy
If you practice this Supta Virasana yoga during pregnancy, then abnormal swelling of the legs must be reduced to a substantial amount. Nevertheless, make sure that you take your doctor’s advice. Do not try it in the course of the last months of the pregnancy.
Q. How do you do Supta Virasana?
A. By doing Supta Virasan you can get rid of many types of diseases. Check out the steps to do Supta Virasana here
Q. What is the difference between Virasana and Vajrasana?
Q. What is Reclined Hero Pose in Yoga?
A. In this Supta Virasana yoga posture or Reclined Hero Pose, our upper body comes on the back so that it lies back on the ground.
Q. Who should not do Supta Virasana?
A. People with back pain, knee pain or shoulder pain should not do Supta Virasana or Reclined Hero Pose
Q. What are the preparatory poses of Supta Virasana?
A. The Preparatory poses of Supta Virasana are as follow:
Q. What are the follow-up poses of Supta Virasana?
A. The follow-up poses of Supta Virasana are
Q. What are the precaution to take while practicing Supta Virasana?
A. Do not an emphasis on the body too much while performing this posture and also don’t try this posture if you feel sharp twisty sensations in the knees
Q. What Does Supta Virasana Mean?
A. Supta Virasana (सुप्तवीरासन) or Reclined Hero Pose is a widely held yoga posture which actually is a Sanskrit word,
- ‘Supta‘ means ‘reclining or lying down‘,
- ‘Vira’ means ‘chief or hero’,
- ‘Asana‘ means ‘Yoga Pose.
Q. Can Pregnant ladies practice Supta Virasana?
A. Do not try it for the period of the last months of the pregnancy