Bhekasana (Frog Pose) is a very effective yoga to stretch and open hips. This asana is very effective yoga asana if you want to lose weight fast and it also improves flexibility. Here, in this article, I am going to give an account on Frog Pose.
What Is Bhekasana (Frog Pose)?
Bhekasana is an advanced level of yoga which is very much effective to improve flexibility. Bhekasana is a Sanskrit word. “Bheka” in Sanskrit means “Frog” in English and, “Asana” in Sanskrit means “Yoga Pose”.
Bhekasana is also known as Mandukasana. This yoga is difficult to do, but continuous practicing can reduce the difficulty. So, let’s know more about Frog Pose. See this below…
Steps To Do Frog Pose:
- Spread a yoga mat and lie on your belly.
- Place your both forearms on the floor.
- Now, bend your knees and point your toes towards the ceiling.
- Then, stretch your arms behind and grab your feet.
- Now, inhale and lift your chest as high as you can.
- Hold this pose for 10-15 seconds.
Precaution Of Doing Frog Pose:
- If you have a chronic injury on your legs, knees or hips do not do this yoga.
- Do not force yourself to do this yoga. You may end up hurting yourself.
- While doing this yoga pose if you feel discomfort, slowly get out of this pose.
- If you are a beginner do not do this yoga without consulting a yoga trainer.
You can use yoga props like a pillow, bolsters, etc. while doing this yoga.
Benefits Of Bhekasana (Frog Pose):
Frog Pose has many benefits for our health. Below the health benefits of Frog Pose are described. See those below…
Frog Pose is a very good yoga pose that improves posture. The Frog Pose is an advanced level yoga pose and by practicing this it improves posture. This is one of the Frog Pose benefits. So, if your posture is not good practice Frog Pose.
Strengthen Back Muscles:
Strengthening back muscles is one of the Frog Pose benefits. By practicing Frog Pose it stretches the back, as a result, back muscles become strong and, also strengthen.
If you want to reduce stress yoga is the best way. Frog Pose is one of the yoga that is very much effective to reduce stress. This is one of the Bhekasana (Frog Pose) benefits.
Calms Your Mind And Body:
Frog Pose is a very effective yoga that helps to calm your mind and body. While practicing Frog Pose is gives a gentle massage to your stress muscles that reduce stress and calms your mind and body. This is one of the Frog Pose benefits.
Open Hip Joints:
One of the Bhekasana (Frog Pose) benefits is it helps to open hip joints. The Posture of the Frog Pose is especially practiced to open hips. So, if you want to stretch or open your hips muscles practice this yoga pose.
Recommended Articles :-
- Know every bit of Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand)
- Quotes On Good Thoughts Of The Day In English
- Purpose And Benefits Of Doing Boot Camp Yoga
- 13 Powerful Surya Namaskar Mantra In English
- Cooling Breath Or Sheetali Pranayama Benefits And Steps
- Lord of the Dance/Natarajasana Steps, Benefits & Precautions
Enhance Digestive Systems:
Another benefit of Frog Pose is, it helps to improve the digestive system. Frog Pose gives a gentle massage to your abdomen area that improves the digestive system and makes you healthy. So, if you have digestion problems practice Frog Pose.
Strengthen Knee Joints:
One of the Frog Pose benefits is Frog Pose makes your knee joint strong and strengthen it. While doing Frog Pose you have to bend your knees that makes your knees strong. So, if you want to make your knees strong practice Bhekasana (Frog Pose).
Increase Blood Circulation:
Frog Pose also improves blood circulation. This is one of the Frog Pose benefits. By practicing Frog Pose it increases the amount of oxygen to the heart that helps to increase blood circulation.
Stimulate Abdomen Organs:
Stimulating Abdomen organs is another benefit of Frog Pose. While practicing Bheksana it gives a gentle massage to the Abdomen organs that stimulate it and cure many health issues.
Help To Lose Weight:
Frog Pose is a very good yoga pose that helps to lose weight. Frog pose is an advanced level yoga that needs to move all your body part that’s why it removes fat from belly, arms, and legs. This is one of the Frog pose benefits. So, if you want to lose weight fast practice Frog Pose.
Bhekasana (Frog Pose) is a very good yoga pose which has many benefits. So, practice this yoga and get the benefits of doing this.