Source :- yogajournal . com
Akarna Dhanurasana or Archer’s Pose is an intermediate level pose of yoga. In this pose, body resembles like an archer which is about to release an arrow that’s why this pose is called Archer’s pose. This pose is very much tough to do and beginners should not do this yoga at all as it can lead to serious injury.
The regular practice of yogasanas can keep the body healthy and mind calm. Though yogasanas are beneficial for your whole body, different yogasanas also have some special benefits associated with different organs. If your vein ever goes up, or there is a pain in the waist and shoulders, then Aakrana Dhanurasana is very beneficial for you. While performing this asana, the shape of your body becomes like a warrior carrying a bow, hence it is called Aakrana Dhanurasana. This asana makes your arms, shoulders, thighs, and calves strong. This asana makes the lungs strong, which greatly benefits the respiratory patients.
Source :- yogaasanasonline . com
What is Akarna Dhanurasana Or Archer’s Yoga Pose?
Akarna Dhanurasana is a Sanskrit word which is made of three words, that are, “Karna” in Sanskrit means ear in English, and the prefix “A” means near, “Dhanur” means “bow” and “Asana” means Yoga pose. This posture resembles like a bow that aims to release an arrow. This pose is also known as Shooting Bow Pose. The main purpose of the asana is to pull the foot near the ear to resemble an archer.
Source :- 2 . bp . blogspot . com
Steps To Do:
Here I am giving a step by step guide to master this yoga pose. Check the steps below to do this.
- First sit comfortably on the floor with straight legs in front of you. During this keep your head, back and shoulders are straight.
- Breathe deeply and put your palms on your thighs.
- Now, breathe out along with gently slide your right hand towards your right foot. With your right hand grab the big toe of your right foot and pull it towards your face.
- During this, by your left hand try to reach the big toe of your left foot and grab it and hold it there.
- Breathe in deeply and pull back your right foot from your face to the right ear.
- Remain in this Pose about 30 to 60 seconds.
- After that, breathe out and slowly down your right leg and release your hands from the foot and get back to the initial position.
- Repeat the same steps with your other leg.
- Beginners should not try this asana without the guidance and assistance of an expert yoga master as this asana belongs to the intermediate level category, this yoga should do only after mastering all the basic asana and few intermediate asanas.
- A pregnant woman should not do this yoga at all as it can lead to miscarriage.
- People with a back injury or slip disc should not do this yoga. As it can make the situation worse.
Akarna Dhanurasana or Archer’s pose comes with various benefits. Check this Akarna Dhanurasana benefits below.
- Akarna Dhanurasana or Archer’s pose helps to make the legs strong and flexible.
- This yoga pose helps to build up the core muscles.
- Akarna Dhanurasana or Archer’s pose also helps in the improvement of grace and concentration.
- This yoga pose also helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles and the spine.
- Akarna Dhanurasana or Archer’s pose improves posture and removes the pain of back and lumbar region.
- This yoga pose is considered to be beneficial for those who have arthritis and rheumatic condition.
- Akarna Dhanurasana or Archer’s pose improves the digestion process, treats indigestion problems and also clears constipation.
Check Related Article:-