Ardha Chandrasana is a standing yoga pose which is also called Half Moon Pose in English. Doing this posture reduces your anxiety and stress. This posture is of the common stretching and balancing poses. Which is particularly beneficial for lower waist, stomach, and chest.
But to do this, your energy level should be high, and then when you complete this posture you will be filled with positive energy and your stress and anxiety within you will be reduced. Let’s know about Ardha Chandrasana in detail.
What Is Ardha Chandrasana?
“Ardha” means “half” in English, Chandra means “Moon” and “Asana” means “Yoga Pose”. While doing this asana, the condition of the body becomes like a half moon, hence it is called Ardha Chandrasana. This yoga pose is also called Half Moon Pose.
Steps To Do Half Moon Pose:
- To do this, first of all, join the heels of both legs.
- Both should be adjacent to the waist and keep their neck straight.
- Then slowly lay both feet away from each other at a distance of one and a half feet.
- Keep in mind that while practicing this posture, your spinal cord is straight.
- After this, lift the right hand up and bring it parallel to the shoulder.
- Your palm’s stance should be towards the sky.
- While doing this, keep in mind that your left hand should remain on your back.
- Now the bend and bends,
- During this time your left hand will be swept down the instrument.
- Remember that the left-hand palm cannot separate from the left leg.
- In this situation, it remained for 30-40 seconds, then gradually came in normal condition.
- If it is for the first time, then bend as much as you can.
- Do the same process on the other side.
Benefits Of Ardha Chandrasana:
There are many benefits of Half Moon Pose. See those benefits below…
Makes Lower Body Stronger :
Incorporating the half moon yoga posture into the health regimen helps in developing and maintaining strong legs, glutes, quads, hamstrings while creating an overall muscle strength and mobility.
Half Moon Pose makes you look physically better as well as supportive of the body in every movement.
Calms The Brain:
Peace of mind confers countless benefits to the individuals. Calm mind is vital for the overall health, for responding to the situations in a diligent manner, to develop an optimistic outlook towards life, etc.
Half Moon Pose helps achieve a tranquilized mind that ultimately keeps you happy, positive, and inspired in life.
Recommended Articles :-
- Dandasana (Staff Pose) Steps | & Benefits On Health
- Know every bit of Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand)
- Quotes On Good Thoughts Of The Day In English
- Purpose And Benefits Of Doing Boot Camp Yoga
- 13 Powerful Surya Namaskar Mantra In English
- Cooling Breath Or Sheetali Pranayama Benefits And Steps
Improve Balance :
Our body has a very dynamic sense of balance. We utilize this balance to orient ourselves in the universe. The Half Moon Pose fosters better coordination and sense of physical- mental balance in practitioners.
An improved balance is required to prevent falls, to stay mentally agile, and in harmony with the surroundings.
Relieve Menstrual Problems :
The time of menstruation can be difficult for many girls and women. Pain, cramps, dysmenorrhea, a majority of women suffer through a very difficult menstruation cycle. The half moon pose is a boon for women undergoing this situation.
Relieve Sciatica Pain :
Excruciating sciatica pain can make it impossible for the sufferer to move and stand. It can be safely cured through a non-surgical and non-invasive method of Half Moon Pose.
Ardha Chandrasana is therapeutic for sciatica pain. The pose effectively soothes the irritation and inflammation of the sciatic nerve and provides far-reaching results.
Improve Digestion :
Practice half moon poses for a robust digestive system that helps in proper assimilation and elimination for a healthy internal system.
Brings Self Awareness :
The Half Moon Pose teaches the practitioners that the journey is more important for self-awareness and self-acceptance rather than perfecting the pose.
Self-Awareness is a process of deeper self- inquiry in order to find everything we need within ourselves. It is a process of deeply knowing oneself and applying wisdom as much as we can.
Leave a Reply