This Ardha Matsyendrasana posture is also called “half spinal twist pose” in English. It is said that the complete Matsyendrasana (“full spinal twist pose”) was the favorite posture of Rishi Matsyendra Nath, hence the posture was named after him. However, because this posture is difficult, therefore the half Matsyendrasana was created. Today, let’s know about the steps and benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana in this article.
In this article, the methods of Ardha Matsyendrasana have been explained and the health benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana are also being explained.
Source :- mangohstudio . com
BENEFITS OF ARDHA MATSYENDRASANA
The benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga are many here it is being told about some of the important benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana.
Benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for Diabetes
You can control diabetes very much by just performing Ardha Matsyendrasana regularly. This posture helps in the formation of insulin keeping Pancreas healthy and plays an important role in the prevention of diabetes.
Benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for Flexible Spine
Ardha Matsyendrasana increases the flexibility of the spinal cord, from which its efficiency improves. It also strengthens the spine and back muscles and makes them flexible.
Benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana to Reduce Obesity
If you want to reduce your belly fat, then do this yoga asana on a daily basis. When practicing this asana, if it is kept for a little while, then it is good to reduce the stomach fat.
The benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for Constipation
By its practice, you can keep your kidneys healthy. This yoga asana helps the abdominal organs and improves digestion, which leads to cure constipation. Helping in the secretion of various stomach joints, digestion is corrected and it relieves constipation.
Benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for Adrenal Gland
It is very beneficial yoga for the adrenal gland. Regular practice of Ardha Matsyendrasana proves to be beneficial to reduce problem-related to adrenal gland.
The benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for Liver
Regular practice of Ardha Matsyendrasana keeps the liver healthy as it helps in quick digestion.
Benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for Asthma
Its practice brings good strain in the lungs and is effective in relieving asthma patients.
Benefit of Ardha Matsyendrasana for shoulders
It pulls the shoulders, hips and neck and strengthens them. The shoulders and the twisted back can be cured with its regular practice.
Recommended Articles :-
- Side Plank Benefits: 6 Astonishing Benefits Of Side Plank
- Know In Details About The Steps And Benefits Of Halasana
- 10 Easy And Effective Yoga Asanas For Diabetes Patients
- Here Is 10 Amazing Benefits Of Meditation For Students
- Plank Position: Step By Step Instruction To Practice Plank
- 20 Astonishing Vajrasana Benefits And Instruction To Do It
The Ardha Matsyendrasana is also therapeutic for cervical spondylitis, urinary tract disorders, menstrual problems, and dyspepsia. This yoga pose especially performed to cure diabetes. This asana works wonder in curing diabetes.
Source :- stylesatlife . com
Step By Step Instruction to practice Ardha Matsyendrasana:
- For this asana, sit on the ground and spread both legs
- Bend the left foot from the knee and place the heel in the empty space near the hip (In such a way, the heel is being touched by the hip)
- Keep the right foot on the left foot and keep it on top of the foot paws
- Now holding the leg above the right knee in the sitting position and holding the toes with the hand move the other hand behind the back
- Turn the shoulders and neck towards the notecard
- Keep the eye on the elbow
- Pause for a while
- Then change the second leg and repeat this action from the other side
- Pay special attention to the breathing process while practicing the asana
- Breathe inside while sitting directly
- Breathe while holding hands over the knee
- Breathe while carrying neck, shoulder, and back.
- Take this posture for one minute and then increase the time of it to three minutes
Ardha Matsyendrasana is considered to be the most beneficial yoga for diabetic patients, because in which the discharge of insulin is accelerated.
Source :- stylecraze . com
Precautions for Ardha Matsyendrasana
- This posture may be beneficial in light slip-discs, but in severe cases it should not be done.
- Pregnancy and should not be done during menstruation.
- Those people, whose heart, stomach or brain is operated, should not practice this asana.
- If you have serious injury or problems in the spinal cord, then you do not do this asana.
- People with peptic ulcer or hernia should do this very carefully.