Natarajasana is considered as the main seat of Lord Shiva. Another name of Shiva is Nataraja, hence it is called Natarajasana. There are countless Natarajasana benefits available if you can practice this Natarajasana steps regularly. This yoga posture helps to balance the body. In this article, I am going to provide Natarajasana steps, benefits, and precautions.
What is Natarajasana?
Everything You Need To Know
- 1 What is Natarajasana?
- 2 Preparatory Poses or Natarajasana
- 3 How To Do Natarajasana Steps?
- 4 Step By Step Instructions to do Natarajasana steps:
- 5 Simple Way Of Doing Natarajasana Steps
- 6 Beginner’s Tip To Practice Natarajasana Steps:
- 7 Precautions For Natarajasana Steps:
- 8 Natarajasana Benefits:
- 9 Increases concentration & memory
- 10 Helps To Lose Weight
- 11 Increases Physical Balance
- 12 Reduces Obesity of the Thighs
- 13 Increasing Metabolic Rate
- 14 Increases Flexibility
- 15 Reduces Stress
- 16 Prevent Calcium Deposition
- 17 Share this:
One of the names of Lord Shiva is Nataraja. This is his dance incarnation, through which his love for music, dance, and art are depicted. Natarajasana Steps are a posture that requires balance and concentration.
Natarajasana is a Sanskrit language word which is made up of three words, in which the first word “nata” means “dance” and the second word is “raja” means “King” and the third word “asana” which means “posture”.
Natarajasana is also known as “Lord of the Dance Pose” in English. If this asana is done properly then it looks like Lord Shiva’s dance. Let’s know the method of doing this asana in detail.
Preparatory Poses or Natarajasana
How To Do Natarajasana Steps?
In the initial race, this posture will not be easy. You need practice for this. And after a few days of practice, you can do it well. Here is a very simple method of doing Natarajasana steps.
Step By Step Instructions to do Natarajasana steps:
- First of all, one should stand erect
- Now, lift your right leg and bend it from the knee, and get as high as possible behind the back
- Raise both arms up front, and then take them to your back
- Now, while standing on the left foot and making your balance hold the right foot with both hands; take the foot as close as possible to the head
- Hold on to this position for as much time as possible and then slowly come to the initial position.
- This is half a circle.
- In this way, you do it with the left foot too.
- Now a cycle is complete
- This way you do 5 to 7 cycles
Simple Way Of Doing Natarajasana Steps
- First of all, you stand straight
- Now, lift your right leg, turn it over the knees, and hold the ankle with the right hand and take it as far back as possible.
- Raise your left hand up to 45 degrees from the front and straighten it.
- Keep your head fixed and in sight.
- Hold on to this position for as much time as possible and then slowly come to the initial position
- In this way do it with your left foot too.
- In this way, you do 10 cycles
Beginner’s Tip To Practice Natarajasana Steps:
If you are a beginner and are just beginning a yoga practice, then you will have some difficulty in doing this posture because this posture is of high quality.
During this posture, there may be a tendency of cramping in the back of your thigh. You should make sure that the raised foot ankle is flexed. For this, you have to move the top of your foot closer to the shin.
Precautions For Natarajasana Steps:
Some of its precautions are given below that you need to know before performing the Natarajasana:
Those who suffer from knee pain should not practice Natarajasana
The person troubled by the varicose vein should not practice this posture
Sciatic patients should avoid doing Natarajasana
If you have low blood pressure then you should avoid doing this asana
Avoid excessive stretching while doing this asana
If there is any problem in the spinal cord, avoid doing Natarajasana
If you feel any pain in your waist while doing this posture, then you should not do this
If this posture causes you pains in the shoulder, pain in the hips or knees, then stop doing this asana
Natarajasana benefits are many. As we now know how to do this asana and what the precautions are to be taken, let’s now know in details about the Natarajasana benefits below:
Increases concentration & memory
The practice increases concentration and memory. Not only has this, but Natarajasana benefits also increased our power to focus on objects around us. So, to increase your focus, memory, and concentration, practice Natarajasana regularly.
Helps To Lose Weight
Natarajasana Yoga helps to reduce excess fat from your body. If you are eager to make your body slim and fit then practice yoga on a regular basis. Regular practice of this posture helps in smelting fat from different parts of the body.
Increases Physical Balance
To do Natarajasana Yoga, you have to take the weight of your whole body on one leg, in which you need to balance. This balance is very beneficial for your body.
Reduces Obesity of the Thighs
By reducing the extra fat from different parts of the body, it makes them slim and attractive. Not only this, but it also reduces obesity of the thighs as well.
Increasing Metabolic Rate
Natarajasana Yoga also increases your metabolic rate which helps eliminate fat. This seat provides a proper stretch to the abdominal organs. It helps to improve your digestion too.
If you want to increase the flexibility of your body, then Natarajasana Yoga is the best yoga. The practice of this asana gives strength to your chest, ankles, hips, and feet. Apart from this the practice of this posture strengthens your feet and hands.
With its practice, you can reduce stress to a great extent. Natarajasana helps in reducing stress and developing your stamina. Natarajasana also helps in improving yoga concentration.
Prevent Calcium Deposition
Natarajasana yoga prevents calcium deposits in the shoulders and brain. The practice of this posture is very beneficial for the heart too. With the practice of this asana, you can prevent calcium deposits effectively.