Source :- anmolmehta . com
Sanskrit Name: Vajrasana (वज्रासन)
English Name: Thunderbolt Pose, Adamantine pose, Diamond pose, Pelvic pose, Kneeling Pose
Type of Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga
Level of Yoga: Basic
Duration: As per your capability or 2 to 5 Minutes
Target Area: Thighs, Ankles, Hips, Knees
Strengthens: Back, Legs
Vajrasana is the only such posture in all Yoga asana, which can be done immediately after taking a meal. Vajrasana practice for health is highly beneficial. The individual of any age can efficiently perform Vajrasana. This posture is also called Diamond Pose or thunderbolt pose in English. Today, we are going to provide you the steps benefits and Vajrasana precautions in this article.
Source :- yogafleet . com
What Does It Mean By Vajrasana Or Thunderbolt Pose:
Everything You Need To Know
Vajrasana is composed of two words of Sanskrit “Vajra” and “Asana”.
Where the first word is “Vajra (वज्र)”, which means “Dominant or Thunderbolt”
Whereas the second word is Asana (आसन)”, which means “Yoga Pose”.
Therefore, Vajrasana means the yogic posture that makes the body stronger as a diamond. Vajrasana is also called Diamond Pose or Thunderbolt pose. Vajrasana makes the body healthy and strong.
Vajrasana helps in improving digestion and strengthens legs too. Due to this asana, the problems of the digestion are removed from the root. In this article, we will tell you about how to do Vajrasana and Vajrasana precautions.
Preparatory Poses of Vajrasana or Thunderbolt Pose:
- Ardha Shalabhasana (अर्ध शलभासन) or Half Locust Pose
- Shalabhasana (शलभासन) or Locust Pose
Step By Step Instruction To Practice The Vajrasana Or The Diamond Pose
Here we have given you the step by step instruction to practice this yoga and the Vajrasana precautions will be also provided in this article.
- Sit on the floor or on a yoga mat
- Now let’s spread both of your legs
- Now take your body weight and bend slightly on the left side and kneel your right foot down and put it under the hip right
- And then take your body weight on the other side and kneel your second leg (left foot) down and put it under the left hip
- Keep in mind that both the feet of you should be folded in such a way that your buttocks can be kept comfortably over it.
- Place your legs in such a way that the thumb of both feet should touch each other.
- Now put both the palms on your knees. Both palms should be towards the knees). Do not let the body sit in the vibration, keep the body straight, and keep the body straight.
- Well, after taking the accumulation of the body, release your body
- Now take deep breaths in your body. Keep in mind that while breathing, you need to breathe only through the nose. Do not let the breath in the mouth, so do not do this asana while talking.
- Now close your eyes and enjoy breathing, and breathe in normal speed and exhale on time.
- At the beginning of the Vajrasana, there may be a slight stretch in the legs muscles, but after a few days of practice, this posture can easily be done.
- After taking three to five minutes of weight training, straighten them in the same order in which you were kneeling. And sit in the normal posture.
Follow-Up Poses of Vajrasana:
- Makarasana (मकरासन) or Crocodile Pose
- Balasana (बालासन) or Child Pose
- Shavasana (शवासन) or Corpse Pose
Vajrasana Precautions And Side Effects
One must keep in mind these Vajrasana precautions to get the most of the posture.
- The person who makes the Vajrasana pose should not be in the rush.
- Those who have trouble with the spinal cord, especially on the lower vertebrae, they should not be vigilant.
- If a hernia, intestinal ulcers and other diseases of small and large intestines suffer from it, please practice Vajrasana training under expert guidance and advice.
- Give the strength of the back muscles to grow slowly, and then increase the duration of this posture.
- The person who has bones problem should not do this posture.
- If you start feeling dizzy, back pain starts, acne began to get hurt; knees or any other body of the body started doing more pain, then immediately stop the practice of this posture and go to the doctor.
- Persons with excessive weight should be looked after by Vajrasana Yoga expert so that they can get immediate assistance if there is some disturbance.
- Pregnant women should stay away from this Vajrasana pose.
Source :- aboutyoga . in
The benefits of Vajrasana:
- It prevents a hernia and also helps in relieving hemorrhoids
- Vajrasana strengthens pelvic muscles
- It improves the whole digestive tract
- It relieves stomach disorders such as peptic ulcer and acidity.
- Vajrasana reduces blood flow in the genitals
- It reduces menstrual disorders
- Vajrasana is a very important posture for meditation
- This is the best meditation posture for those suffering from sciatica
You can practice this posture at any time during the day even just after taking your meal. Vajra means strict or strong or thunderbolt. To improve the blood flow in the body and to increase the digestive system, Vajrasana has been described as a great posture.
Thighs and knees become stronger due to the practice of Vajrasana every day. However to get most of it one needs to keep in mind the Vajrasana precautions; it’s very important.
- Shirshasana For Beginners: Step By Step Instructions
- All Details About Anulom Vilom Pranayam
- 15 Astonishing Shirshasana Benefits And Steps To Perform It
- Shirshasana Steps, Benefits, Precautions Everything Is Here
- 12 Amazing Benefit Of Matsyasana Or Fish Pose
- 4 Easy And Effective Poses Of Yoga For Knee Pain