Supta Vajrasana in English called Reclined Thunderbolt. But the final position of this asana looks very different from Vajrasana. It is a simple posture that can be practiced after lunch or dinner. It is used to practice meditation and breathing exercises. Supta vajrasana benefits are many as the regular practice of this posture makes you strong and healthy.
Due to the practice of Supta Vajrasana with Pavanamuktasana’, this helps in developing an additional gastrointestinal system. Let us know in detail the methods of doing Supta Vajrasana and the Supta Vajrasana benefits that come with it.
Reclined Thunderbolt Pose or the Supta Vajrasana benefits are very important and very useful posture for improving digestive system and stamina.
Source :- finessyoga . com
What is Supta Vajrasana?
Supta Vajrasana is an advanced and underlined version of Vajrasana in which the upper body remains on the ground. Supta Vajrasana is a Sanskrit word that is made up of two words, in which the first word “Supta” means “Reclined” and the second word “Vajra” means “thunderbolt”.
It is known in English as ‘Reclined Thunderbolt Pose’. This posture is enough to tone your body. Supta Vajrasana aids to reduce the disorders of both male and female reproductive organs. Let’s know the method of doing this asana in detail.
Supta Vajrasana or the Reclined Thunderbolt Pose Steps:
Let us know in detail the steps of the Supta Vajrasana or the Reclined Thunderbolt Pose, in order that you can do it easily. Here we go…
Source :- yogaart . com
Step By Step Instructions to do Supta Vajrasana:
- At first, sit down and kneel on the floor or on a yoga mat
- You can sit in Vajrasana to do this asana because the initial position of this seat is exactly what Vajrasana has
- Put both your hands on the knees and prepare your body for further action, keep your breath normal
- Now move both hands backward and keep the elbows on the ground
- Tilting the body above your back while putting a little load of the body on the elbows
- Put your back on the floor completely
- After this, turn your head backward i.e. tilt your back
- In this situation, your back will be like a funnel in which your shoulders and head will remain on the floor and your back will be above the floor
- Now keep both the hands straight on both your thighs
- Hold on to this position for about 30 seconds to 60 seconds
- You can cycle 3 to 5 of it
You gradually increase the duration of the Supta Vajrasana
Source :- bikramstjohns . com
Supta Vajrasana Benefits (Reclined Thunderbolt Pose Benefits)
We all know that Vajrasana has many benefits; this Supta Vajrasana is an advanced version of Vajrasana, which means it is even more beneficial for us. Let’s know some of the major Supta Vajrasana benefits in detail:
Strengthens Spinal Cord
Supta Vajrasana benefits strengthen the nerves of the spinal cord. It stimulates the inner nerves, thyroid and parathyroid glands in the neck.
Apart from this, it spreads the ribs, which causes more oxygen in the lungs and to the body, which is very beneficial for our body.
Treats Back Pain
Supta Vajrasana benefits are very useful in treating back pain. The practice of Supta Vajrasana spreads to the back muscles and it creates pressure on the disc and also separates each other.
Regular practice of the Supta Vajrasana helps to get rid of the back pain and encourages the discs to bring them to their correct position.
Provides Better Digestive System
Supta Vajrasana benefits also strain the vein on your stomach, which is a kind of massage of the stomach that fixes all the diseases related to digestion. One can even get rid of the problem of constipation by doing the Supta Vajrasana regularly.
Apart from this, this asana also helps in respiratory disorders and cure diseases of various respiratory organs.
Supta Vajrasana benefits enhance courage and confidence within a person. It enhances creativity and intelligence because it increases blood circulation in the brain.
This asana helps in reducing the negativity in a person who practices asana regularly.
Supta Vajrasana benefits are very helpful in increasing fertility. Due to the regular practice of the Supta Vajrasana, you also get stretch on the nerves of your genitalia. This asana helps in reducing the disorders of both male and female reproductive organs.
This asana removes the sexual thoughts that come in the brain, which helps in achieving spiritual benefits.
- Vajrasana Precautions, Steps: Everything About Vajrasana
- Supta Vajrasana Step By Step Instructions To Do This Asana
- Ardha Bhekasana (Half Frog Pose): Know Every Bit Of It
- Marjariasana | Cat Pose | Steps & Benefits
- Makarasana | Crocodile Pose| Steps | Benefits | Precautions
- Vatayanasana | Horse Pose | Steps & Benefits