Sanskrit Name: Udarakarshanasana (उदराकर्षण)
English Name: Abdominal Twist Pose
Type of Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga
Level of Yoga: Basic
Duration: As per your capability or 10-15 sets on each side
Target Area: Hips, Abdomen, Ankles, Knees, Thighs
Strengthens: Back, Legs, Abdomen
There are numerous yoga poses, which can prevent constipation. One of such yoga poses is Udarakarshanasana (Abdominal Twist Pose). Regularizing this yoga pose can end your problem of constipation as well as other abdominal problems.
What Does It Mean By Udarakarshanasana?
The term Udarakarshanasana has come from 3 Sanskrit language words,
Where the first word is “Udar (उदर)”, which means “Abdomen”
The second word is “Akarshan (आकर्षण)”, which means “Stretch”
And the third word is “Asana (आसन)” which means “Yoga Pose”
Udarakarshanasana is a yogasana, by which, many of our diseases get cured. Do the practice of Udarakarshanasana in a clean and peaceful place by sitting down for this seat. These asana works wonder for curing abdominal problems as well as reduces belly fat.
This asana is called Abdominal Twist Pose in English. This asana named after so because while doing this asana you will feel a stretch or twist in your abdominal area. From that this asana named so. So, let’s now know in details about this asana
Preparatory Poses of Udarakarshanasana:
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (अर्ध मत्स्येन्द्रासन) or Half Spinal Twist Pose
- Parighasana (परिघासन) or Gate Pose
- Ustrasana (उष्ट्रासन) or Camel Pose
- Vajrasana (वज्रासन) Thunderbolt Pose
Method Of Doing Udarakarshanasana:
- At first, sit down in Vajrasana or Thunderbolt Pose on a clean, flat floor to practice Udarakarshanasana (Abdominal Twist Pose)
- Now fold the right knee and place the right foot under your hips
- Then keep your knees, feet, and toes touched with the floor
- After this, take your left leg out and then fold your leg from the knee, keeping your left foot sole touching the floor near the right knee
- Now let the right hand kneel down and keep the left hand on the knees
- And thus try to bring the left knee near your chest with the left hand
- Now keep the mouth and shoulders straight
- Gaze straight
- Breathe normally while being in this posture
- Stay in this condition for some time, then by changing the feet repeated this action
This asana is a beginner level yoga pose so you should not face any difficulty while doing this asana. However, if you face any difficulty then immediately consult an expert of yoga
Do no forcefully practice this asana or any other Asanas. Do as per your capacity
You should pay attention to your breathing process throughout the practice of this asana
Follow Up Poses of Udarakarshanasana:
- Supta Udarakarshanasana (सुप्त उदराकर्षणासन) or Sleeping Abdominal Stretch Pose
- Sucirandhrasana (सुसरंध्रासना) Or Eye of the Needle
Precautions to Udarakarshanasana:
Avoid doing Udarakarshanasana if you have severe knee pain
An individual who has recently gone through knee injuries or knee surgery should not practice Abdominal Twist Pose. So if you a patient of knee pain do not practice this asana
In case you are distress with the problem of constipation then drink a glass of salty lukewarm water and then practice Udarakarshanasana to get rid of the problem of constipation
This solitary Asana helps the practitioner a lot in case of any type of stomach related matters
Benefits of Udarakarshanasana:
- Udarakarshanasana, for the most part, extends your knee joints, legs, lower legs, and toes.
- It is a conviction that day by day routine with regards to stomach stretch posture may anticipate diseases in the urinary tract. Likewise, lessens the indications of urinary maintenance.
- Udarakarshanasana uses extending and pressure to lower downs the stomach issues
- Regularizing this posture provides relief from constipation and acidity problems
- The practice of this posture also provides relief from the pain of the feet, people who have severe pain in the feet, and then they should take vitamin D supplements and practice this posture
- This posture helps in many diseases; it causes your body to be active and not fatigue
- It not only physically but also fits you with emotional challenges
- If you have pain in the penis, its posture is beneficial; it also removes back pain and pain.
- Fundamentally, Udarakarshanasana did in the wake of expending water or drinking water.
- It gives eases in ligament knees and thus drops down the agony in the knee.
- Eases obstruction and a gastric issue (especially whenever performed in the wake of drinking warm water)
- It is also very good for preventing stomach related general infections
- Individuals of all age gatherings can play out this Pose