Source: https:// yogaposesguide . com/eagle-pose/626-2/
Garudasana is one of the great poses of yoga which has many benefits on our physical and mental health. Garudasana is also known as Eagle pose in English which resembles like mythical bird Garuda which is the vehicle of Lord Vishnu. Here let’s know more about Garudasana, Steps to do Garudasana and the benefits of Garudasana. See this below…
What Is Garudasana?
Everything You Need To Know
- 1 What Is Garudasana?
- 2 Preparatory Poses:
- 3 Steps To Do Garudasana:
- 4 Beginner’s Tip:
- 5 Easy Modification Of Garudasana:
- 6 Follow Up Poses:
- 7 Precautions To Do Garudasana:
- 8 Recommended Articles:-
- 9 Improve Posture:
- 10 Weight Loss:
- 11 Reduce Stress:
- 12 Controls Diabetes:
- 13 Fight Depression:
- 14 Better Sleep:
- 15 Improves Flexibility:
- 16 Increases Your Blood Flow:
- 17 Share this:
The word Garudasana is a Sanskrit language word which is composed of two words, in which the first word “Garuda” means “eagle” and the second word is “asana” which means “pose”. Indian mythology shows that Garuda was the king of all birds.
This bird not only served as the vehicle of Lord Vishnu but also worked as a precursor to fighting against demons. According to mythology, fires consuming sun rays are found in Garuda. There are many benefits to Garudasana, let us know in detail the method of doing this asana…
Before doing Garudasana, you will do the asana given below so that you will be able to make Garudasana
Source: http:// images-free . net/content/yoga-eagle-pose.html
Steps To Do Garudasana:
- First, stand straight on the floor.
- Now lift your left foot and bring it to the right foot and keeping the thigh in the right foot on the thigh, keep the left foot fingers on the floor.
- After this, straighten your both hands towards the front.
- Now twist both hands upwards from the cornice here and make a 90-degree angle on the corn.
- Now keep both of your hands in the position of the cross.
- Wrap your right hand around your left hand.
- Try to mix the palms of both hands together.
- Keep your eyes on your fingertips
- Now lower your waist and slightly lower your hips.
- Now the claw of your left foot will bend on the right foot shin.
- Try to stay in this posture for a few seconds and try to focus on meditation with low and slow breathing.
- Take this whole action now with your other leg
- Now, hugging up the hips and straighten the waist, open the hands and feet to come in your initial position.
If you are a beginner, you may have some difficulty in doing this posture because you need to balance on one foot to do this posture. You can take the help of the wall to make a balance. To support one of your feet, take a piece of cardboard and keep your feet on it, you will be able to easily do this seat.
Easy Modification Of Garudasana:
- In the beginning Garudadana, it can be difficult to keep the leg raised behind the shank or to maintain its balance in this posture. If that is the case, keep the thumb on the floor, in order to maintain your balance, keep the thumb on the floor.
- If you are not able to touch the palms of each other, then whatever arm you move around each other, turn around.
Follow Up Poses:
The follow-up poses of Garudasana to ease it up are…
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
Precautions To Do Garudasana:
You need to be careful about caring for it. Its precautions are as follows:
- If you have pain or injury in the knees, then you do not do this posture.
- Those who have pain in the elbow, those people should not have this posture.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before doing Garudasana.
- If there are injuries in your shoulders or wrists then you should avoid doing this asana.
- Do this posture by taking the support of the wall to avoid falling while doing this asana.
- Side Plank Benefits
- Acro Yoga Benefits
- Yoga for Instant Calmness
- Chakrasana Benefits
- Benefit of Matsyasana
- Deep Breathing Benefits
- Benefits Of Garudasana:
Source: https:// www . wellnesshub . us/blog/bad-posture–a-yoga-sequence-that-improves-posture-101
It is difficult to take the time to relax in today’s busy life. In such a situation, sitting in a chair for long periods can cause damage to your spinal cord. Along with this, you can experience heavy fatigue when the day ends.
But by practicing Garudasana you can improve your posture. Apart from this, you can also get rid of your neck and back pain. Improving posture is one of the benefits of Garudasana.
Source: http:// www . orissapost . com/ketone-supplement-more-effective-for-weight-loss/
Losing weight is one of the benefits of Garudasana. Apart from these, regular practice of Garudasana can become more sensitive to our body and it’s needed. Garudasana can control the amount of food consumption. This helps in reducing obesity.
In addition, when we do Garudasana, it helps in reducing excess fat present in our body.
Source: https:// www . trendycrunch . com/top-3-app-that-will-help-you-manage-reduce-stress/
Garudasana has the ability to relieve your stress. Through Garudasana, you can promote relaxation by reducing your stress. Many studies have shown that this cortisol helps in reducing the secretion of which primary stress hormone occurs.
In another study, the benefits of Garudasana were seen in 24 women to reduce emotional happiness by reducing their stress. This is because of regular practicing of Garudasana for 3 months, the levels of cortisol hormone decreased significantly in women. This is one of the benefits of Garudasana.
Source: https://top10besttips . com/10-amazing-benefits-pomegranates-health . html
For those who have diabetes problems, Garudasana is not less than an effective treatment. Garudasana reduces blood sugar and LDL (bad cholesterol) and helps to increase HDL (good cholesterol). Garudasana helps to control diabetes, this is one of the benefits of Garudasana.
Apart from this, it is also helpful in reducing cortisol and adrenaline levels by reducing weight. You can reduce your blood glucose levels and avoid diabetes-related risks such as heart attack, kidney failure, and blindness problems.
Include Garudasana in your daily life to overcome these problems.
Source: https://www . dawn . com/news/1454338
Some studies show that there are anti-depressant effects in Garudasana. This effect of Garudasana can reduce the symptoms of depression. This is because it is capable of reducing the levels of hormones called cortisol present in the body.
After approximately 2 weeks, low levels of depression and lower levels of cortisol were found in those individuals. In this way, you can also practice Garudasana to keep your body healthy and remove depression. This is one of the benefits of Garudasana.
Source: https:// www . rd . com/health/wellness/better-habits-better-sleep/
Problems like obesity, hypertension, and depression are related to the poor quality of sleep. Studies show that the quality of sleep can be improved by incorporating regular Garudasana into your daily routine.
In a small study conducted in 2005, individuals were divided into two groups and a group was given Ayurvedic herbs whereas a group was given regular Garudasana. This showed that the people of the regular Garudasana group got faster and better sleep than the other. This proves that by doing regular Garudasana, the lack of sleep can be overcome in people.
If you are troubled by sleep problems then Garudasana can diagnose this problem. This is one of the most effective benefits of Garudasana.
Source: https://www . pikbee . one/media/Br-ym5VgrJY
If you want to make your body healthy and strong, make regular Garudasana. Better Flexibility is one of the first and most obvious benefits of Garudasana. You may not touch the fingers of your feet when you start Garudasana. But if you do Garudasana continuously, then you slowly see the flux in your body.
Pain and pain begin to disappear due to the body getting lighter. This is not a miracle but it is the result of regular Garudasana. Apart from this, other types of Garudasana requires elasticity in your body too.
So adopt regular Garudasana and avoid various health problems. This is one of the benefits of Garudasana.
Source: http://ayugreen . com/health-benefits-yoga/increases-your-blood-flow/
Increases Your Blood Flow:
Proper blood flow is essential for your healthful body. For this, you can practice Garudasana in particular. This helps in keeping proper blood circulation throughout your body and keeping the brain healthy. Your body needs oxygen to work properly.
With the help of proper blood circulation, your whole body is available oxygen. Apart from this, blood circulation also has a special contribution to purifying your body contaminated blood. If you are suffering from swelling of the feet or kidney problem then Garudasana can help you.
Through Garudasana, you can also increase the production of red blood cells in your body. In this way, you can adopt regular Garudasana for blood production and its proper flow in your body. This is one of the best benefits of Garudasana.