We go through moments in life that make us worried, stressed and very anxious that our thought patterns are distorted or we become immobile and don’t want to take action. Often, we feel instilled with fear and reluctance, and find that there is no way out of our stressful situations. A regular yoga practice incorporating the right poses can help to alleviate some of this anxiety. In this article, I am giving 5 poses of yoga for instant calmness. See this below.
Source :- vedicwellnessspa . com
Yoga For Instant Calmness:
Everything You Need To Know
Yoga involves deep breathing, focusing on postures and stilling the mind. It’s a practice tailor-made specifically for you. It’s not listening to outside noise or competing with anyone else. The aim of your anxiety alleviating practice is to choose movements that calm you, keep you at the moment and not feeling rushed and are not extremely challenging to you. Below see some poses of yoga for instant calmness…
Source :- anamayaresort . com
1. Balasana Or Child’s Pose:
Balasana or Child’s Pose is one of the most soothing poses for the adrenals, so practicing this pose regularly can be like a giant hug, bubble bath, and bowl of soup all in one package. This is one of the best yoga for instant calmness.
- From hands and knees, take the sit-bones back over the heels and your hands out in front of you. Slowly fold your torso forward until your eyebrow centre rests on the mat.
- Your big toes touching, either have the knees together or separate the knees wider than your hips.
- Arms are traditionally resting back alongside the body, palms up, but you can stack your hands and forearms and rest your head there if that’s preferable.
- If your hips or butt aren’t touching the heels, you can place a cushion in between so you can let go and relax. Stay for at least 10 breaths and let go as much as you can with every exhale.
Source :- chicagonow . com
Savasana Or Corpse Pose:
Savasana Or Corpse Pose helps to clear your mind and if any disruptive thought enters, remind yourself that this is not the time to think about it. You will return to it later. This is one of the best yoga for instant calmness. Check out the steps below.
- Lie down on your mat with your arms by your side, palms up, legs relaxed, with feet turning toward the sides of your mat.
- You may use a pillow under your knees to support your lower back if you feel the tension there.
- Close your eyes, release any tension in your face.
- Practice deep breathing in and out until you feel very relaxed.
Recommended Articles :-
- Effective Poses Of Yoga For Shoulders And Arms
- Yoga Postures For Upper Back Pain: Say Goodbye To Back Pain
- Yoga For Plantar Fasciitis To Get Rid Of Heel Pain
- Best Yoga Poses For Lower Back Pain To Reduce
- Some Easy And Effective Yoga For Knee Pain & Arthritis
- Steps & Benefits Of Shashankasana Or The Rabbit Pose
Source :- jbyrdyoga . com
Garudasana Or Eagle Pose:
Garudasana Or Eagle Pose requires you to concentrate and focus the mind to a single point, which is an excellent stress management tool. It can also help to free up tightness in the shoulders and hips, which are common spots for emotional tension to accumulate. This is one of the best yoga for instant calmness. See how to do this below.
- From Tadasana, take feet hip-width apart, arms wide. Bring the right arm over the left.
- Bend the elbows and bring the palms together. If that’s too strong, back of the hand’s touch.
- Shift the weight to the four corners of the right foot and bend the knees a little.
- Lift the left thigh up and over the right thigh. If your knees are okay and you can hook the toes behind the right calf, do so; otherwise, leave the foot where it is (anatomically, not everyone can do this, so please don’t force it).
- Engage the core and start to sink the hips down while maintaining length in the spine. Keep your gaze firmly on your focal point and make sure the breath flows effortlessly.
- To come out, slowly begin to unwind and return to Tadasana. Repeat on the other side.
Source :- yogauonline . com
Sukhasana Or Easy Pose:
Sukhasana or Easy Pose is one the yoga for instant calmness. By this yoga, our blood circulation gets more active in the brain and flow more oxygen to our brain which instantly makes our mind calm. Check below how to get into this pose.
- Come into a seated position with the buttocks on the floor, then cross the legs, placing the feet directly below the knees. Rest the hands on the knees or the lap with the palms facing up or down.
- Use a hand mudra while seated in the posture.
- Press the hip bones down into the floor and reach the crown of the head up to lengthen the spine. Drop the shoulders down and back, and press the chest towards the front of the room.
- Relax the face, jaw, and belly. Let the tongue rest on the roof of the mouth, just behind the front teeth.
- Breathe deeply through the nose down into the belly. Hold as long as comfortable.
Source :- artofliving . org
Paschimottanasana Or Seated Forward Bend:
Paschimottanasana Or Seated Forward Bend is another yoga for instant calmness. This yoga gives a gentle massage to our abdomen area and also bring oxygen to our body and also helps the blood flow to our body. Below check out how to do this yoga.
- Sit upright on your mat with your legs stretched in front of you. Move your seat from side to side to adjust to make your sitting bones connect to the mat.
- Reach your arms up with a long spine and stretch your heart forward to your toes.
- Go as far as is possible for your body where you can feel a stretch but no pain.
- If you keep a flat back, you will target the stretch in your hamstrings. If your back is rounded, the stretch will target more of your back. Both are effective and useful. Choose whichever suits you better at this moment.
- You can have your toes pointed or flexed. Try both to see what is the best stretch for you. After a few minutes, slowly roll up.