Power yoga is slightly different from ordinary yoga. Actually, it is an athletic activity used in this yoga. There is more emphasis on the flexibility of the body than increasing the speed of breath. This yoga is not the same as ordinary yoga poses. You need to practice Power Yoga under the supervision of a skilled Yoga teacher to get the benefits of Power Yoga for weight loss.
Table of Contents
- 1. What is Power yoga for Weight Loss?
- 2. Top 5 Power Yoga For Weight Loss
- 3. Precautions While Doing Power Yoga
- 4. Why Do I Practice Power Yoga for Weight Loss?
In today’s time, every third person suffers from obesity problem, which later invites diseases. It does as well as increases the effect of age, a fat person looks 5-6 years older than his age. Self-confidence is also reduced due to the unformed body structure. Today we are going to tell you about some such Power Yoga for weight loss with the help of which you can lose weight easily.
What is Power yoga for Weight Loss?
Today everyone wants to stay fit and it should be so. In this desire to stay fit, we do not know how much money we spend going to the gym. While we can remain fit with yoga at home. Say goodbye to going to the gym daily and walking in the park and adopt Power Yoga, which is made by combining 12 postures of Surya Namaskar and some other special Asanas included in Indian Yoga. This is the only way to make life simple and positive.
Power Yoga, started in 1990, is a yoga system that makes a person physically, mentally and spiritually energized. Power Yoga has many benefits ranging from weight loss to strengthening the immune system.
A woman is always concerned about her fitness and this need to happen. By staying fit, you can overcome many diseases. But due to the busyness of life, his mind is always tense. In such a situation, there is no better option than yoga, so that he can get relief, remove power from the mind and practice power yoga daily to attain self-peace. By doing this, one feels liberation from the struggles of life.
To do Power Yoga, you have to take only 45 minutes in a day, all its activities are done non-stop at high speed which burns more calories, and it helps to maintain freshness throughout the day.
Top 5 Power Yoga For Weight Loss:
By building muscles with power yoga, body fat can be reduced. In ordinary yoga, where the emphasis is put on the posture and breathing process, power yoga is like a workout, which has different poses and exercises.
So, you can do power yoga at least 4-5 days a week. In this, the capacity of the body to burn calories increases, which can easily reduce obesity and give an attractive shape to the body. So, power yoga for weight loss is very effective. Let’s check out 5 most effective power yoga for weight loss:
Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend
The practice of Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend is very effective power yoga for weight loss. This asana not only helps in weight loss it also helpful in curing many diseases.
How to Do Paschimottanasana?
- Sitting on the ground, spread both the legs in front, keep the back straight
- Move your hands upwards, while exhaling slowly
- Try to bend forward to hold the toes with both hands
- And try to keep the nose close to the knee, in the meantime keep the breath moving continuously
- According to the strength, remain in this state and then return to normal, similarly complete three to five cycles.
Pawanmuktasana or Wind-Relieving Pose/ Gas Release Pose
It is another great power yoga for weight loss. The Pawanmuktasana or Gas Release Pose is mainly effective for problems related to gas and acidity. People, who suffer from gastric, face several problems in their daily life. So, to get rid of those problems practice this asana.
How to Do Pawanmuktasana?
- Lie on your back and spread both legs straight
- Keep the feet close to each other
- Bend both legs from the knees
- Now raise the front part of the body
- Surround the knees with both arms
- While exhaling, pull the knee towards the chest while pressing it
- Bring the chin forward and touch it with the knees
- Remain in this state for 10-15 seconds, breathing long
- Bring the feet back to the ground, this is one cycle; complete 4-5 cycles in this way.
Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
The Bhujangasana is also called the posture of the snake or cobra. This power yoga for weight loss is very beneficial for losing fat from abdominal area. Regular practice of this asana will provide you flat belly.
How to Do Bhujangasana?
- To do this asana, lie flat on the abdomen
- Spread the legs straight and keep close to each other
- Now keep both palms close to the shoulder
- The forehead is adjacent to the ground, long while inhaling
- Slowly raise the head and shoulders above the ground
- Keep the elbows close to the body
- Slowly straighten the hands with the elbows and back
- Try to lift your upper body from your navel
- Your navel should be placed close to the ground
- After staying in this state for some time, return to the previous position
- This asana is also among the best power yoga for weight loss.
Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
This Dhanurasana or Bow Pose is a very beneficial yoga pose for our health. One can also practice this asana to cure stomach related problems. So, let’s now check out how to do this asana:
How to Do Dhanurasana?
- To do this asana, lie straight on your back
- Bend the knees
- Hold the ankle of the feet with both hands
- Try to lift the head, chest, and thighs while breathing in
- Hold the breath, while the breath stops in this posture, the entire weight of the body should be on the lower abdomen
- Slowly exhaling and try to come back to the original position
Chaturanga Dandasana or Plank Pose
One of the best power yoga for weight loss is Chaturanga Dandasana or Plank Pose Chaturanga Dandasana increases your core stability. It affects your mind and body. This pose enhances your stamina by strengthening your arms, legs, and wrists.
How to do Chaturanga Dandasana?
- To do this asana, at first, lay the yoga mat on the ground and lie on it
- Place both your hands ahead of your shoulders on the ground with your fingers facing the front
- Slowly raise both your knees, emphasizing the fingers of the feet
- While inhaling, lift the bodyweight on both your hands
- Draw a 90-degree angle at the elbow of the hand
- Do this asana for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat this two to three times
- This Yoga asana is a powerful yoga posture to lose weight.
Precautions While Doing Power Yoga
Before you do power yoga, keep in mind that power yoga is hard work and not for everyone. In general, you should avoid it if:
- You are not in good shape. To do power yoga, at least you need to stay moderately fit – otherwise, physically deep postures can do more harm than good to you.
- If you are pregnant some Asanas can potentially cause complications during pregnancy. (Instead, try to learn in prenatal yoga classes, which are simple and run for pregnant women.)
- You are suffering from a chronic physical illness like diabetes or arthritis.
- If you have any concerns, it is best to consult with your doctor before practicing Shakti Yoga or any form of strenuous physical exercise.
Why Do I Practice Power Yoga for Weight Loss?
There are two main benefits to doing power yoga. The first is that it has many health benefits and the second is that it needs only 45 minutes to do it. This is the easiest way to stay fit, let us know the health benefits of Power Yoga
The Practice of Power Yoga For Weight Loss
The practice of Power yoga burns more calories in fast activities, it reduces obesity as well as gives a perfect figure, it reduces excess fat on the body, which reduces obesity easily by week. Practice Power Yoga at least 3 to 5 times
Power Yoga Increases Immunity
By doing power yoga, blood circulation in the body goes smoothly, it strengthens the body’s immunity, it protects against diseases like asthma, arthritis, depression, diabetes, and hypertension.
The Power Yoga Reduces Tension
In this age of competition, brain tension is becoming a problem, if someone is stressed about household chores, then due to the office; stress is reduced by doing power yoga. It also helps in increasing concentration and self-control.
Power Yoga Increases Body Strength
By doing power yoga, the mind remains healthy along with the body, it increases the endurance, and it also increases the power of the mind and brain.