While performing this asana, the shape of the body starts appearing like a bow, hence it is called Dhanurasana. Today, we are going to tell you about the method and some amazing benefits of Dhanurasana.
Dhanurasana has been considered particularly beneficial for women’s health.
Source :- img . timesnownews . com
BENEFITS OF DHANURASANA:
Here we have provided some astonishing benefits of Dhanurasana in this article below. If you practice the Dhanurasana yoga properly, it means that you are doing both Bhujangasana and Shalabhasana together and taking advantage of both. Here are some of the essential benefits of Dhanurasana.
Benefits of Dhanurasana for Asthma:
This posture is very beneficial for asthma patients. Its practice brings the right strain in the chest and increases lung capacity which is very important for asthmatic patients.
Benefits of Dhanurasana for Thyroid:
This yoga stimulates the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps in the release of its hormone thus provide relief to the thyroid problem.
Source :- pranayoga . co . in
Benefits of Dhanurasana to Lessen Obesity:
The Dhanurasana posture helps amazingly to reduce weight. The practice of Dhanurasana exercise helps to reduce the extra stomach fat and also makes the stomach tighter and flatter.
Benefits of Dhanurasana for back pain:
The Dhanurasana posture is a fantastic yoga for back pain. If one practices the Dhanurasana on a daily basis, then they can quickly get rid of the back pain problem. This Asana comes with stretching of the ligaments, nerves, and muscles in the back to cure the back pain.
Check Related Article :-
Benefits of Dhanurasana for Diabetes:
This posture is very beneficial for diabetic patients. Its practice stimulates the pancreas and helps in the secretion of insulin which helps balance the sugar. Through its practice, type 1 and type 2 diabetes comes under control.
Benefits of Dhanurasana For constipation:
Regular practice of Dhanurasana can cure indigestion and constipation. This pose helps in the release of the enzyme and thus makes our digestive system way stronger than before.
While doing this asana, you get the benefits of both Shalabhasana and Bhujangasana simultaneously.
Source :- pics . eeyuva . com
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO DO DHANURASANA
Here are the step by step instructions to practice Dhanurasana. Let’s check out the steps.
- To do this posture, at first lie down on the floor on your stomach
- Now breathe while kneeling and hold both ankles with your hands to bring your ankles to your waist
- While breathing, lift your head, chest, and thigh upwards
- Raise the body upwards as much as possible
- During this time, you try to take the weight of your body on the lower abdomen
- When you fully lift your body, then try to reduce the gap between the feet.
- Your breath should be relaxed while doing this posture (means inhale slowly and exhale slowly)
- After remaining in this condition for about 15-20 seconds, leaving the breath, return to the earlier position.
- You can do this asana three to five times according to your convenience and ability
Source :- rishikulyogshala . org
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE IN DHANURASANA:
- Do not practice Dhanurasana during menstruation and pregnancy
- If the abnormal operation has been done in the stomach, ulcer or a hernia, then do not practice this asana
- If there is an injury in the spinal cord or any discomfort then do not practice Dhanurasana at all