Paschimottanasana is a pose of yoga. The name Paschimottanasana made up of two words ‘Paschim’ means the back and the ‘Uttanan’ means to stretch. During this posture, the back portion of the body is frozen with spinal cord due to which it has been given the name Paschimottanasana. It is a very beneficial posture for health. It helps in reducing various types of diseases. This yoga asana is known as the seated forwarded bend in English. So, Let’s know Paschimottanasana benefits and also how to do this yoga asana.
Table of Contents
- 1. Paschimottanasana Steps:
- 2. Paschimottanasana Benefits:
- 2.1 Stretches The Spine:
- 2.2 Reduce Belly Fat:
- 2.3 Sexual Diseases:
- 2.4 Diabetes:
- 2.5 Flatulence And Constipation:
- 2.6 Weight Loss:
- 2.7 Kidney:
- 2.8 Stress:
- 2.9 Appetite:
- 2.10 Soothes Headache:
- 2.11 Anxiety:
- 2.12 Relieve Menstrual Discomfort:
- 2.13 High Blood Pressure:
- 2.14 Infertility:
- 2.15 Insomnia:
Source :- artofliving . org
Paschimottanasana Yoga seems a little hard to see. But with patience you can practice it easily. Here’s a description of how to make it simple. So, let’s see the paschimottanasana steps.
Steps To Do:
- First, you sit on the ground.
- Now you stretch the legs together.
- Leave the back muscles loose.
- Take your hands up while breathing.
- Then bent forward and bowed forward.
- You try to hold fingers with your hands and to bite your nose with knees.
- Breathe slowly
- Then slowly release breath And hold this practice according to your own.
- Gradually increase the duration of this period
- This is a cycle.
- This way you do 3 to 5 cycles.
There are many Paschimottanasana benefits. This yoga pose helps us to resolve various health issues. So let’s see which are the Paschimottanasana benefits
Stretches The Spine:
The asana gives suitable stretches and tones to the spine and one of the best yoga poses for the health of the spinal column and associated nerves. Since it is good for the spinal nerves accordingly safe the whole body.
Reduce Belly Fat:
This is one of the effective sitting forward bending yoga poses that are good to burn belly fat. Practicing this yoga pose helps to reduce belly fat very fast.
The regular practice of the asana gives direct massage to the pelvic region thus helpful for various types of sexual maladies such as menopause, menstrual discomfort, etc.
Source :- webmd . com
It provides adequate massage to the pancreas and force the endocrine gland to release insulin, thus ensures in the prevention and management of diabetes.
Flatulence And Constipation:
The massage of the abdominal organs improves digestion and ensures to prevent constipation and flatulence.
The practice of this asana gives adequate stretching to the entire body, especially the back part of the body, thus helpful in melting of fat.
The practice of this asana is also good for kidney, liver spleen and adrenal glands.
Source :- brainfacts . org
Paschimottanasana is well known for its utility in harmonizing nervous and pranic energies within the body. Thus, it is quite effective for stress, anxiety, depression and helping to bring about states of meditation.
This asana is very much good for appetite. Practicing this yoga asana regularly helps to increase your appetite.
One of the Paschimottanasana benefits is it soothes a headache. By bending forward blood circulation increases which help to reduce a headache.
Paschimottanasana reduces anxiety. This is one of the important Paschimottanasana benefits.
Relieve Menstrual Discomfort:
Paschimottanasana also relieves menstrual comfort. That’s why this yoga asana is very much beneficial for women.
Source :- 360 . org . au
High Blood Pressure:
Paschimottanasana helps to reduce high blood pressure. This is one of the benefits of Paschimottanasana.
Paschimottanasana is also helpful for infertility as it gives a gentle massage to your abdomen area.
One of the Paschimottanasana benefits is it helps to reduce insomnia.
Check Related Article:-
- 10 Hatha Yoga Benefits You Should Know
- Acro Yoga Benefits Everyone Should Know About
- 10 Amazing Chakrasana Benefits To Be Motivated
- Deep Breathing Benefits Everyone Should Know About
- Natarajasana Benefits On Health To Know About
- Iyengar Yoga Benefits Everyone Should Know
- 8 Kundalini Yoga Benefits To Our Mind And Body