Yoga can be very helpful if you are struggling to flatten your stomach or to tone the stomach muscles or abs well. The practice of yoga on a regular basis strengthens your whole body, and prolongs your core (the most indigestible muscles) and creates the necessary pull in them. Today, in this article we are going to talk about some yoga Poses for Abs.
Why We Need Yoga Poses For Abs?
Everything You Need To Know
- 1 Why We Need Yoga Poses For Abs?
- 2 Yoga Poses For Abs
- 3 Dandasana (Two-Legged Inverted Staff Pose)
- 4 How to do Dandasana or the Two-Legged Inverted Staff Pose?
- 5 Navasana (Boat pose) Yoga poses for abs
- 6 How to do Navasana (Boat Pose)?
- 7 High Lunge Twist yoga poses for abs
- 8 How to do High Lunge Twist?
- 9 Side plank
- 10 How to do Side Plank?
Fit core muscles are the most important for developing a strong and lean body. The reason for this is that the upper and lower body loads are on the abs. As long as your back and core muscles are not strong, you can’t do any other kind of exercise nor can you get the full benefit.
Yoga posture will not only tone and strengthen your core muscles, but also strengthen your shoulders and back muscles. Any yoga posture works on 2 or more body parts. In addition to strengthening your core, yoga posture will give you toned abs and increase elasticity which is very important with increasing age.
Apart from this, yoga will not only provide strength and flexibility but will also help in relieving stress. The best part is that if you practice these easy yoga poses, your stomach muscles will grow more functionally and efficiently than any kind of sit-up or crunch.
Studies have shown that reduction of stress helps in reducing stomach fat.
Yoga Poses For Abs
Here I have provided some effective yoga poses for abs. Practice these yoga poses for a flatter and toned abs. See what the yoga poses for abs is that will make you forget about going to the gym anymore.
Dandasana (Two-Legged Inverted Staff Pose)
Dandasana yoga poses for abs is very effective in getting toned abs. This asana is one of the twelve postures of Surya Namaskar. This asana is done for a very short period during sun salutation. To make Abs you should do Dandasana. This will give you easy access to body balance. Plus your whole body will be strong.
Source :- yogatrail . com
How to do Dandasana or the Two-Legged Inverted Staff Pose?
- At first, lie on the floor on your back
- Lift your hip from the ground with the support of your palms near your head
- Now with the support of your palms on the ground lift you head too
- Now bend your hand from elbow (inwards) as shown in the photo
- Take your head inward to (as much as possible)
- Lift your left leg in the air
- Keeping the left leg straight in the air hold for 45 to 60 seconds
- Get back to your previous position slowly
- Take rest for about 10 seconds then repeat the process with your right leg
Navasana is one of the most effetive yoga poses for abs. This asana not only help to straghten the cores but also very helpful for legs and thighs.
Source :- aboutyoga . in
- Sit down on a yoga mat on your hip
- Lift your legs together in the air
- Lift your upper body to make a shape of a boat
- Place your hands on the side of the legs
- Hold on to this position for about 30 to 45 seconds
- Get back to your previous position slowly
High Lunge Twist yoga poses for abs
Another effective yoga poses for abs is high lunge twist. This posture is not only for toned abs, but also for hips, thighs. Let’s see how you can do this yoga asana for a flatter and toned abs.
Recommended Articles :-
- Some Effective Yoga For Flat Belly That Will Astonish You
- Know all about the Malasana benefits, steps & Precautions
- 15 Astonishing Benefits Of Pranayama And Ways To Practice It
- 10 Ramdev Baba Yoga For Stomach: Get Rid Of Stomach Problem
- 5 Effective Yoga For Fathers To Get A Healthy And Fit…
- 5 Best And Effective Yoga For Addiction Recovery
Source :- static1.squarespace . com
How to do High Lunge Twist?
- Stand straight on the floor
- Take your left leg in the front (90 degree angle)
- Take your right leg 15 degree backward
- Take your both palms together as prayer
- Bend forwards and twist the upper part of the body to your right side
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds
- Repeat the process to your right side
Side plank is one of the most common yoga poses for abs. Any type of plank position is good for our health. But side plank is great for toned abs.
Source :- i0.wp . com
How to do Side Plank?
- Lie down on a yoga mat on your chest
- Place your hands by the side of your ear
- With the support of your palm take your body up in the air (Only the palms and the toes will touch the ground)
- Take your left hand from the floor and take it in the air (as shown in the picture)
- Look at your right palm i.e. to the floor
- Hold for 40 to 60 seconds and slowly get back to your previous position.