Ustrasana (उष्ट्रासन) is a great yoga pose for overall health. The word Ustrasana is made of two words. “Ustr” is a Sanskrit word which means “Camel” in English and “Asana” means Yoga Pose. In this posture, the body looks like a camel or Ustr that’s why it is called Ustrasana or Camel pose. This yoga has many health benefits. This yoga pose is very effective to remove anger. This posture makes the body flexible, strong and also helps in digestion. There are many Ustrasana benefits that everyone should know. So let’s know what are those…
Table of Contents
Steps To Do:
These are the steps to get into this pose.
- Sit on your knees comfortably.
- Now gently curve your body and bend backward.
- Bend your neck and head back as much as you can.
- Touch your feet with your hands.
- Breathe normally.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Do this yoga 5 times.
Source :- resize.khabarindiatv . com
Ustrasana or camel pose has many health benefits. So, let’s know which are the Ustrasana benefits below…
1. Reduce Belly Fat:
Ustrasana is good for losing body fat. This is one of the most effective Ustrasana benefits. Practicing Ustrasana regularly reduce belly fat and keep this area flat.
2. Reduce Diabetes:
One of the Ustrasana benefits is this yoga pose can reduce diabetes. This yoga asana is very much beneficial for people who have diabetes.
Source :- webmd . com
3. Cure Lung Problems:
Ustrasana is very much effective to cure lung problems. Practicing this yoga pose every day helps to cure lung problems.
4. Reduces anger:
Reducing anger is one of the Ustrasana benefits. Practicing this asana calm downs your mind and reduces anger. This is a very useful yoga asana for people who have anger problem.
5. Reduce Vision Disorder:
One of the Ustrasana benefits is it helps to reduce vision disorder. This yoga is very good for your eyesight. People who have week eyesight should practice this yoga asana.
6. Reduce Waist Pain:
Reducing waist pain is one of the Ustrasana benefits. Regular practice of Ustrasana helps to reduce waist pain.
Source :- alphachampionchiro . com
7. Reduces Neck Pain:
Ustasana is also beneficial for neck pain. This yoga asana gives a gentle massage on the neck that helps to remove neck pain.
8. Improves digestion:
Ustrasana improves digestion. This yoga pose gives a gentle pressure on abdomen areas which helps in digestion and other stomach problems. This is one of the Ustrasana benefits.
Source :- kylanewcombenutrition . com
9. Clear Skin:
Ustrasana helps in digestion which helps to get clear and beautiful skin. this is one of the Ustrasana benefits.
10. Beneficial For Slip Discs:
One of the Ustrasana benefits is, it is very much effective for people who have slip discs, this yoga helps to cure this problem.
Recommended Articles :-
- Know About The Steps, Precaution, And Benefit Of Salabhasana
- Steps, Precaution & Benefits Of Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand)
- Side Plank Benefits: 6 Astonishing Benefits Of Side Plank
- Know In Details About The Steps And Benefits Of Halasana
- 10 Easy And Effective Yoga Asanas For Diabetes Patients
- Here Is 10 Amazing Benefits Of Meditation For Students
11. Reduces Menstrual Problems:
Ustrasana is very useful to reduce menstrual problems as while practicing it gives a gentle massage to abdomen areas and releases tension from ovaries. This is one of the Ustrasana benefits.
12. Strengthen The Back And Shoulders:
Practicing Ustrasana helps to strengthen back and shoulder. It also helps to make them flexible.
13. Regulated Thyroid Gland:
Ustrasana helps to regulate thyroid glad. This is one of the Ustrasana benefits.
14. Reduce Anxiety:
Ustrasana reduces anxiety. Regular practice of Ustrasana keep your mind calm and relaxed and also reduce anxiety. So practice Ustrasana regularly to reduce anxiety.
Source :- webmd . com
15. Improve Blood Circulation:
Ustrasana helps to improve blood circulation to your brain and makes your brain more active. This is one of the Ustrasana benefits.
Precautions Of Ustrasana Or Camel Pose:
- Ustrasana is a simple and beneficial asana, but those suffering from migraines or insomnia should not practice this asana.
- People who have knee-related problems should not do this asana.
- If there is a problem of severe pain in the waist, back, or neck, then do not do this asana.
- If there is any kind of operation or surgery in the body then this asana should not be done.
- This asana should not be done in the problem of a hernia in the stomach.
- Do not do this asana if you are suffering from heart and low blood pressure.
- It is best to practice Ustrasana under the supervision of a qualified guru or yoga instructor.
These are the Ustrasana benefits. Ustrasana may look tough to do, but this is an easy yoga pose that has many health benefits. So. practice this yoga asana to be beneficial in this way. So practice yoga and stay healthy and happy.
Q. Can I Do Ustrasana Daily?
A. Yes, you can do Ustrasana daily. By doing Ustrasana daily, the fat on the thighs is reduced. By doing this, the internal organs are massaged, which improves digestion.
Stretches the shoulders and back. Flexibility is improved, especially in the spine.
Q. Who Should Not Do Camel Pose?
A. People who have a back or neck injury, or if you suffer from low or high blood pressure. People who are suffering from insomnia or migraine should avoid this asana.
Q. What Does Camel Pose Do For You?
A. Camel Pose relieves pain in the lower back. Helps to heal and balance the chakras. Strengthens the thighs and arms. Doing this improves lung capacity and blood circulation throughout the body.
Q. Does Ustrasana Increase Height?
A. Camel pose or Ustrasana is one of the best yoga poses to increase height as it improves the flexibility and strength of your body.
Q. How to Do Ustrasana And Its Benefits?
A. To do this asana, first of all, sit on the floor with your knees bent. Make sure that the thighs and feet are together and the toes are on the floor behind. Keep a distance of about one foot between the knees and the feet. After this, you stand on your knee and bend backward while breathing. Now place the right palm on the right heel and the left palm on the left heel. Be careful not to jerk the neck while bending back. After this, making a right angle with the thighs on the floor, tilt the head backward. The weight of the body should be equally on the arms and legs. Now inhale slowly and exhale slowly. Then exhale deeply and come back to your normal position. You can do this asana 5-7 times.