Source :- artofliving . org
Matsyasana or Fish Pose is a great pose to strengthen your spine. When you get to practice this yoga you will be able to experience the strength and stability within your body. This is great yoga for beginners because the benefit of Matsyasana is many. Today, in this article below, we are going to know all the benefit of Matsyansana and other vital details.
What Does It Mean By Matsyasana?
Everything You Need To Know
- 1 What Does It Mean By Matsyasana?
- 2 How to Do Matsyasana?
- 3 Benefit of Matsyasana Or Fish Pose:
- 4 1. Strengthens Spine:
- 5 2. Reduce Abdominal Fat:
- 6 3. Improves Digestion:
- 7 4. Improved Posture:
- 8 5. Improves Flexibility:
- 9 6. Eases Menstrual Pain:
- 10 7. Reduce Stress:
- 11 8. Stimulate Pituitary, Parathyroid, And Pineal Glands:
- 12 9. Stronger Neck And Traps:
- 13 10. Detoxify Body:
- 14 11. Helps In Constipation:
- 15 12. Toned Up Glutes:
- 16 FAQ:
Matsyasana is derived from two Sanskrit words. “Matsy” in Sanskrit means “Fish” in English and “Asana” means “Yoga Pose”. This asana aims at being focused and resilient when you feel out of balance, just as the Matsya struck that balance between the earth and the sea. In this article, I am giving 12 benefit of Matsyasana. Check the Matsyasana steps and benefits in this article below
How to Do Matsyasana?
We are giving the method of Matsyasana in detail here, read it carefully.
- Sit in Dandasana. Try to lengthen the spine by pressing the ground with light hands, and breathing in.
- While breathing in, lift both legs and bring them to Padmasana.
- Now slowly move them back towards the back. Support the torso with vaccines on the ground.
- Now, while extending the neck, tilt the head towards the ground.
- Keep tilting the back and head until the head touches the ground.
- Now lift the arms and hold the toes with hands.
- Keep the vision on the nose. If you have difficulty in doing this, then you can keep your eyesight even on the balance.
- According to your ability, stay in this posture for 60 to 90 seconds and then slowly bring the legs back. Initially take less time (30 seconds is also enough) and gradually increase the time.
Benefit of Matsyasana Or Fish Pose:
Source :- foodnhealth . org
There are many benefit of Matsyasana, Such as it stimulates the spine, cervical muscles, thorax, rib cage, and the lungs, thus relieving your fatigue almost instantly. Below I am describing those benefit of Matsyasana. These are…
1. Strengthens Spine:
Source :- royacdn . com
Matsyasana or fish pose strengthens your back muscles and spine, while you practice this pose you need to stabilize your back to keep it in the right posture. Holding the weight of the whole upper body through your back will definitely strengthen your spine. This is one of the benefit of Matsyasana.
2. Reduce Abdominal Fat:
Source :- tolosepounds . com
Abdominal fat can be decreased with the leg raised version of this Matsyasana or fish pose, lifting your leg upward while performing perfect arched back can work tremendously to burn your abdominal fat.
3. Improves Digestion:
Source :- foodrevolution . org
Matsyasana or fish pose stretches the abdominal and core of your body that results in the gentle massage and squeezing your internal organs to release the body waste efficiently. Better digestion results in better metabolism and better absorption of nutrients and vitamins which in turn helps in stronger bones and body.
4. Improved Posture:
Source :- choicechiropractic . net=
Every yogic posture that works on your opening chest and strengthening spine will ultimately result in improved posture, this Matsyasana or fish pose does the same. With the stronger spine and opened chest, you will be able to restrain your body to hinge forward.
5. Improves Flexibility:
Source :- fashionlady . in
With the hours of sitting job and staying in the same position for a long time is making your body stiff, most of the people are losing their mobility due to an unhealthy lifestyle. You can perform this Matsyasana or fish pose to retain your spine flexibility and improve the blood flow to every organ.
6. Eases Menstrual Pain:
Source :- studentbrands . co . za
Its proven, study suggests the reduction in pain when some women volunteer were asked to perform Matsyasana or fish pose and a few other yoga. These yoga’s were found to be effective in reducing the pain these women suffered during their menstrual period.
7. Reduce Stress:
Source :- cdn . tinybuddha . com
Matsyasana or fish pose advocates for the reduction in stress through proper breathing and stronger respiration. People who were diagnosed with hypertension and anxiety were seen to be more calm and stable after practicing yoga daily.
Check Related Article:-
- Poses Of Yoga For Stress And Depression Reduction
- 5 Quick And Easy Poses Of Yoga For Stomach Pain
- 5 Effective Poses Of Yoga For PCOS Treatment
- 5 Best And Effective Bed Exercises To Lose Weight
- What Is Anusara Yoga? What Are The Anusara Yoga Benefits?
- Anusara Yoga Sequences And Poses To Try At Home
8. Stimulate Pituitary, Parathyroid, And Pineal Glands:
Source :- endocrineweb . com
Studies have found some very positive effects on these glands, Matsyasana, or fish pose has proven effective in stimulating these glands for better functioning. This is one of the benefit of Matsyasana.
9. Stronger Neck And Traps:
Source :- healthline . com
While practicing this yogic pose you will be required to arch your back and keep your torso in the upward direction with the support of your neck and traps, this results in their stronger development.
10. Detoxify Body:
Source :- shape . com . sg
With the healthy excretion of body waste, you are promoting the detoxification of your body. With the greater ability to detoxify, you will feel more energetic and healthy.
11. Helps In Constipation:
Source :- d2m3czf6fvb8bh . cloudfront . net
Constipation is one of the most common problems suffered by people these days, a bad lifestyle is one of the core reasons behind this disease. You can help your body to release your body’s waste efficiently through performing Matsyasana fish pose.
12. Toned Up Glutes:
Source :- femniqe . com
This can be achieved while performing the variation of this Matsyasana, trying elevated hips variation will help you to achieve toned and stronger glutes muscle. This is one of the benefit of Matsyasana.
Q. What are the benefits of Matsyasana?
A. Like every posture, Matsyasana also has many benefits. Some of them are:
- Stretches neck and chest muscles.
- Relieves tension in the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
- Matsyasana is therapeutic for thyroid, constipation, respiratory diseases, mild back pain, fatigue, anxiety, menstrual pain.
Q. What Does It Mean By Matsyasana?
A. Matsya means fish, and in this posture, your body is in the shape of a fish. Hence this asana is named Matsyasana.
Q. What Are The Preparatory poses of Matsyasana?
A. These are the preparatory poses of Matsyasana:
- Virasana (विरासन) or Hero Pose
- Sarvangasana (सर्वांगासन) or Shoulderstand
- Halasana (हलासन) or Plow Pose
- Karnapidasana (कर्नापीड़ासन) or Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose
- Pindasana (पिण्डासन) or Embryo Pose
- Urdhva Padmasana (ऊर्ध्व पद्मासन) or Inverted Lotus Pose
Q. What Are The Follow-up poses of Matsyasana?
A. These are the follow-up poses of Matsyasana:
- Uttana Padasana (उत्तान पादासन) or Raised Legs Pose
- Sirsasana (शीर्षासन) or Headstand
- Baddha Padmasana (बद्ध पद्मासन) or Bounded Lotus Pose
- Padmasana (पद्मासन) or Lotus Pose