The name “Padahastasana” came from two different words; “Pada” which means LEGS and “Hasta” which means HANDS. The benefits of Padahastasana are such that it decreases the diseases related to heart and provide us a sound health.
Table of Contents
Yoga is one such heritage of our sages, who have been showing us the path to staying healthy for centuries and motivating them to maintain balance in every way in life. Padahastasana is such a yoga that has many health benefits. Padahastasana is standing in yoga and leaning forward in which one has to touch the feet with both his hands. It is also the third posture of the Surya Namaskar sequence. Padahastasana yoga is known for reducing abdominal fat, correcting digestive problems, increasing your height and giving the thigh muscles a good stretch.
In this article, the ways and means of performing a padahastasana and the benefits of Padahastasana are described. Let’s check it out below:
Source :- finessyoga . com
WHAT IS PADAHASTASANA?
Padahastasana is a simple stretch yoga posture. “Padahastasana” or the Foot and Hand pose is a vital part of the “Sun Salutation” yoga series of various Asanas. This Asana mainly appears in the Third pose and in the Tenth pose under the “Surya Namaskara” or“Sun Salutation”.
Source :- spiceofgoodlife . com
Easy Way To Do Padahastasana:
If you really want to increase the stretchiness of the back of your feet, then this can be achieved by the Padahastasana. For this, all you need to do is to lift the balls in your legs in the forward position, lift 1-2 inches above the ground. You can put a towel under the feet if you want to.
To ease the footsteps, you can also have a little mode on your knees.
Source :- i1 . wp . com
Step By Step Instructions of the Padahastasana:
- We are here explaining the Padahastasana in detail.
- At first, Stand straight and keep your hands in the side of your body.
- Lean the joints of the hip, exhaling but be very careful not to bend from the joints of the waist (Breathe while bending down)
- Remember that all the forward bending have to stretch the torso in the foothills.
- Tilt down and hold your hands under the feet
- The fingers should be completely under the feet
- Then take your head and the torso upside down (see the picture above)
- Inhaling take the head and torso down as much as possible, take that torso closer to the leg (see the picture above)
- Do not stop breathing at all while in easy. When breathing inside, lift the torso a little and try to stretch. When breathing, then try to bend forward and deeper
- Take a breath in and count to five so that you can stay in the asana for 30 to 60 seconds
- Gradually, such as strength and flexibility in your body, you can increase the time (do not exceed 90 seconds)
- Try to keep your back straight. Keep the legs straight.
- Let your head hang tight so that your neck muscles do not stress.
- Bring the torso up while inhaling
- Keep in mind that you keep your back straight
Check Related Article :-
- 12 Amazing Benefit Of Matsyasana Or Fish Pose
- Dhanurasana Steps To Master This Yoga Posture
- A Detail About Akarna Dhanurasana And Its Benefits
- 5 Easy And Effective Bed Exercises For Legs
- 5 Poses Of Yoga For Thyroid Health Improvement
- Acro Yoga Benefits Everyone Should Know About
Source :- yogapositions . co . in
Benefits Of Padahastasana
There are many benefits of Padahastasana. It looks like a simple posture but it affects many parts of your body. Let’s check out the benefits of Padahastasana below:
- Medical benefits of Padahastasana are such as for High Blood Pressure, asthma, infertility, sinus, and osteoporosis.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Produces necessary stress in the hamstrings, calf muscle, and hips
- Helps in better functioning of kidneys and liver.
- Helps in reducing the symptoms of menopause.
- This posture removes unnecessary fat from the body and makes the body light.
- Strengthen the thighs.
- Reduces fatigue and anxiety
- Improve digestion.
- Help to get rid of a headache and insomnia.
- This improves the inequality in length in the leg due to the fracture of any bones in the foot or thigh
Source :- scoop . it
What Precautions Should You Take In Padahastasana?
- If you have pain or injury in your back, then do not do this padahastasana.
- In this asana, you can make semi-footsteps with semi-pedestal with your knees.
- Do not stress more than your physical potential.
- If the pain of the back starts growing then stop immediately,
- Do not practice the padahastasana and consult the doctor immediately.