The name “Padahastasana” came from two different words; “Pada” which means LEGS and “Hasta” which means HANDS. The benefits of Padahastasana are that it decreases the diseases related to the heart and provides us with sound health.
Table of Contents
Yoga is one such heritage of our sages, who have been showing us the path to staying healthy for centuries and motivating them to maintain balance in every way in life. Padahastasana is such a hatha yoga that has many health benefits. Padahastasana is standing in yoga and leaning forward in which one has to touch the feet with both his hands.
It is also the third posture of the Surya Namaskar sequence. Padahastasana is known for reducing abdominal fat, correcting digestive problems, increasing your height, and giving the thigh muscles a good stretch.
In this article, the ways and means of performing a Padahastasana and the benefits of Padahastasana are described. Let’s check it out below:
Source :- finessyoga . com
What Is Padahastasana Or Hand to Foot Pose?
Padahastasana is a simple stretch yoga posture. “Padahastasana” or the Foot and Hand pose is a vital part of the “Sun Salutation” yoga series of various Asanas. This Asana mainly appears in the Third pose and the Tenth pose under the “Surya Namaskara” or“Sun Salutation”.
Source :- spiceofgoodlife . com
Easy Way To Do Padahastasana:
If you really want to increase the stretchiness of the back of your feet, then this can be achieved by the Padahastasana (hand under foot pose). For this, all you need to do is to lift the balls in your legs in the forward position, lift 1-2 inches above the ground. You can put a towel under the feet if you want to.
To ease the footsteps, you can also have a little mode on your knees.
Source :- i1 . wp . com
Step By Step Instructions of the Padahastasana:
We are here explaining the Padahastasana (hand under foot pose) in detail.
- At first, spread a yoga mat Stand straight in Mountain Pose, and keep your hands straight in the side of your body.
- Lean the joints of the hip, exhaling but be very careful not to bend from the joints of the waist (Breathe while bending down)
- Remember that all the forward bending have to stretch the torso in the foothills.
- Tilt down and hold your hands under the feet
- The fingers should be completely under the feet
- Then take your head and the torso upside down (see the picture above)
- Inhaling take the head and torso down as much as possible, take that torso closer to the leg (see the picture above)
- Do not stop breathing at all while in easy. When breathing inside, lift the torso a little and try to stretch. When breathing, then try to bend forward and deeper
- Take a breath in and count to five so that you can stay in the asana for 30 to 60 seconds
- Gradually, such as strength and flexibility in your body, you can increase the time (do not exceed 90 seconds)
- Try to keep your back straight. Keep the legs straight.
- Let your head hang tight so that your neck muscles do not stress.
- Bring the torso up while inhaling
- Keep in mind that you keep your back straight
Check Related Article :-
- 12 Amazing Benefit Of Matsyasana Or Fish Pose
- Dhanurasana Steps To Master This Yoga Posture
- A Detail About Akarna Dhanurasana And Its Benefits
- 5 Easy And Effective Bed Exercises For Legs
- 5 Poses Of Yoga For Thyroid Health Improvement
- Acro Yoga Benefits Everyone Should Know About
Source :- yogapositions . co . in
Benefits Of Padahastasana
There are many benefits of Padahastasana. It looks like a simple posture but it affects many parts of your body. Let’s check out the benefits of Padahastasana below:
Performing the Padahastasana stretches the muscles of the feet with the hands. This makes the muscles not only flexible but also delicate. At the same time, due to this, there is no problem with back strain as well as muscle tension. Regular practice of this yoga pose also makes the spine flexible.
Poor digestion can be corrected by adopting Padahastasana. By doing this yoga and asana, our digestive system works smoothly.
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or intestinal problem, and gastric problems can be overcome. Along with this, stomach, intestine, liver-related troubles can also be avoided.
Therapeutic For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
Carpal tunnel syndrome is currently a common disease. Which is seen in many people. If the disease is not investigated in a timely manner, the patient’s condition may become more serious.
By performing Padahastasana, we can get rid of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome disease.
Improve Blood Circulation:
Whenever we perform Padahastasana (hand under foot pose), blood circulation occurs smoothly in our body due to the movement of hands and feet. Blood flow is good especially in the upper part of the body.
By doing this, blood flow in the nervous and argon of the body is good. This is the reason why a person stays healthy by doing this yoga.
If a person performs Padastasana (hand under foot pose) for just thirty seconds, then the person feels refreshed. By doing Yogasan, the person does not get tired of being relaxed and he is always full of energy. In such a person can live a happy life.
Makes Liver Strong:
By doing this yoga, the spline and liver of a person work smoothly. On the other hand, those who do it regularly get relief from diseases like thrombocytopenia, liver adenoma.
Therefore, it is important to practice this yoga routine regularly to get rid of spleen and liver disease. It also helps to cure abdominal hernia.
Get Rid Of Nasal And Throat Problem:
Those people who are struggling with problems related to nasal and throttle should perform footsteps. By doing this, they can get rid of this type of health related problem. At the same time, treatment of nasal and throttle disease is also possible with this practice.
Helps To Live Healthy And Young:
Performing Padahastasana (hand under foot pose) yoga can always be healthy with one’s youth. By doing this, we can stay mentally healthy as well as physically healthy. Also, the person can come in the perfect shape.
Padhastasana is considered to be one of the most effective yogas of height or height. But it is difficult to get benefits by doing just a few days. Therefore, do this Yogasana daily.
Source :- scoop . it
What Precautions Should You Take In Padahastasana?
- If you have pain or injury in your back, then do not do this Padahastasana.
- In this asana, you can make semi-footsteps with semi-pedestal with your knees.
- Do not stress more than your physical potential.
- If the pain of the back starts growing then stop immediately,
- Do not practice the Padahastasana and consult the doctor immediately.
What are the benefits and contraindications of Padahastasana?
By doing this asana, cardiovascular diseases are eliminated and health is good. It is known for reducing abdominal fat, correcting digestive problems, increasing length, and giving the thigh muscles a good stretch.
Padahastasana (hand under foot pose) yoga helps in increasing blood circulation of the head. Padhasthasan yoga is very beneficial for reducing stress.
Although all yoga helps in reducing your stress, this yoga eliminates the fatigue of your body and provides peace of mind.
Who should not do Padahastasana (Hand Under Foot Pose)?
By doing this yoga, we have to face extreme strain and pain. Because of this, we must take many precautions. In contrast, pregnant women need to consult the doctor once before doing this asana. If you are troubled by back pain, then you should not do such a posture.
What is Padahastasana in English?
‘Pad’ means leg and ‘Hasta’ means hand. Padahastasana is a yoga asana, in which you take your hands to the feet. That is why it is called Padahastasana, this asana is also known as Uttanasana. The standings in English are called Forward Bend, Hand to Foot Pose, and Big Toe Pose.