Paschimottasana is one of the great and beneficial poses of yoga. It is considered that Paschimottasana is a calming yoga posture. This yoga posture calms the mind and nervous system. This yoga pose is also therapeutic for depression and anxiety. This yoga posture is very good for teaching patience. This yoga pose is very much beneficial for those who have a tight hamstring.
Source :- naturehomeopathy . com
What Is Paschimottanasana?
Paschimottasana is a Sanskrit word which comes from two different words. “Paschim” means back, “Uttana” means intense stretch and “Asana” means yoga pose. This apparently straightforward asana is beneficial for many health issues. The Paschimottanasana covers a ton of frameworks in the body and is especially helpful for diabetes and hypertension. This asana likewise gives the whole body a decent stretch. Strikingly, the front part of the body is known as the East, and the back is normally called the West. This asana focuses on the back of the body, and, along these lines, it is named all things considered.
- Paschimottasana is dangerous for pregnant women.
- People who are suffering from ulcer should not do this yoga pose.
- People suffering from slip disc should not practice this yoga.
Source :- myfitnesscraze . com
Steps To Do:
Here I explain how to do Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend step by step. Take a look at this.
Sit on the floor stretching your legs.
Erect your spine.
Flex your toes towards you.
Conduct your respiration to normal.
Breath in and raise your both arms straight and Stretch up over your head.
Now slowly breathe out and bend your body forward from the joint of the hip.
Check Related Article :-
- Virabhadrasana II: Steps, Benefits, Precautions Of The Pose
- Step by step Instructions and some benefits of Dhanurasana
- Know The Benefits Of Padahastasana And Every Bit About It
- Know Which Are The Vajrasana Benefits For Hair
- Know About Different Types Of Pranayama And Benefits
- Deep Breathing Benefits Everyone Should Know About
Keep your spine erected and move your chin toward the toes.
Now hold your toes with your hand.
Hold this position for 60 seconds.
Repeat this 3 to 4 times.
Beginners should not force themselves bending over forward as it can lead to a serious injury like low back pain. They should start it slowly.
Source :- ojashvi . com
Benefits Of Paschimottanasana:
- Paschimottanasana helps to stretches the spine, shoulders, lower back, hamstring, and hips.
- Practicing Paschimottasana gives a gentle massage to the abdominal and pelvic organs which helps to tone this region.
- Paschimottanasana improves blood circulation.
- Practicing this yoga pose stretches and strengthens calf and thigh muscles.
- This yoga pose activates the spinal nerves.
- This yoga pose helps in weight loss and also helps in toning arms, legs and belly.
- This yoga pose is very much beneficial for the liver, ovaries, kidney, and uterus.
- Paschimottasana calms your mind and cuts down anxiety, depression.
- This yoga pose reduces headache and migraines.
- Regular practice of Paschimottasana improves the digestive system.
- This yoga is also beneficial for insomnia.
- Paschimottasana is very much beneficial for women, as it helps in menstrual issues and infertility.
- Regular practice of this yoga helps to increase height.
So, this is one of the beneficial yoga poses which have many health benefits. Hope that by this article, you get to know an account about Paschimottasana. So, practice this yoga pose and get benefitted by this ways. So practice yoga and be healthy and happy…!!!