Different types of asanas exist in Yoga. But all asanas have different body postures and each asana has advantages in many ways to the body. Of these, Bhujangasana is a very easy and important posture. Bhujangasana is called Cobra pose in English. In this article, today I will tell you about the Bhujangasana steps, to know the perfect way to perform Bhujangasana and precautions to be taken while doing Bhujangasana.
What Is Bhujangasana?
Bhujangasana is a very beneficial yoga pose. While doing Bhujangasana, our body posture becomes snake-like shape is formed, hence this asana is called Bhujangasana. Bhujangasana is composed of two Sanskrit words. “Bhujanga” in Sanskrit means “Snake” in English and “Asana” means “Yoga Pose” in English.
If you regularize Bhujangasana, it will relieve you from stress, anxiety and depression and your mind will also remain calm. Bhujangasana proves beneficial in keeping the body more active and strong. It is very easy to do Bhujangasana and this asana can be done at any time.
Performing Bhujangasana is very easy. If you perform Bhujangasana regularly you can ace this pose very easily. Here I am giving some steps to perform Bhujangasana easily. See the steps below…
Bhujangasana Step 1:
Lie on the ground on the stomach and keep your toes straight on the floor and keep the forehead in a relaxed posture on the floor.
Bhujangasana Step 2:
Bring both legs closer. Your both feet and heels touch each other.
Bhujangasana Step 3:
Now bring the palm of your two hands under your shoulder and keep both your elbows parallel to the floor and slowly bring them closer to your neck torso.
Bhujangasana Step 4:
Relax your head, chest, and abdomen, including the navel touching the floor, while lifting long breaths and lift it slowly.
Bhujangasana Step 5:
Now gently lower your neck torso back towards the back and raise the body above the floor with support with both your hands.
Bhujangasana Step 6:
Breathe continuously until the back is in a curved shape.
Bhujangasana Step 7:
If possible, keep your palm and arms perfectly straight and tilt your head back towards the back.
Bhujangasana Step 8:
During this time, do not put any pressure on your shoulders even if your elbows are slightly bent.
Bhujangasana Step 9:
Also, make sure that your toes are exactly adjacent to each other.
Bhujangasana Step 10:
Initially, while doing this asana, stay in this posture for some time but gradually increase the time of this posture.
More Recommended Articles :-
- How to Do Navasanaa & what are the Navasanaa benefits
- Know All About The Shavasana Benefits, Steps & Precautions
- Know all about the Bakasana benefits, steps & Precautions
- Marjariasana | Cat Pose | Steps & Benefits
- Steps, Precaution & Benefits Of Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand)
- Know About The Steps, Precaution, And Benefit Of Salabhasana
While performing Bhujangasana you need to follow some precautions. See these precautions below before performing Bhujangasana.
- The most important thing is that Bhujangasana or any other posture of yoga should be done according to its capacity.
- If you have a stomach ache or any other body pain while doing this asana, do not do this asana.
- The person who has stomach wounds or intestinal diseases should consult the doctor before performing this asana.
- Do not bend over backward while practicing this asana. This can cause muscle strain, which increases the chances of causing pain in the arms and shoulders.