Source :- cdn2 . stylecraze . com
Sanskrit Name: Chakrasana (चक्रासन)
English Name: Wheel Pose
Type of Yoga: Ashtanga Yoga
Level of Yoga: Basic
Duration: As per your capability or 30 to 60 seconds
Target Area: Lung, Thorax, Abdomen
Strengthens: Legs, Back, Arms, Abdomen, Wrists, Vertebral Column, Buttocks
Table of Contents
Yoga is very important for the body. People who do yoga daily are mentally and physically healthy. There are many asanas of yoga that keep the body’s immune system strong, which reduces many health problems. From abdominal fat to obesity, Chakrasana is very beneficial. Although this asana is a bit difficult, if you practice it daily then it will become easier for you. If you practice it regularly then you can get many more health benefits.
As the asana makes the body appears like a half circle (Chakra), it is called Chakrasana. The most important thing in this posture is to emphasize the action of our breathing. One reason for this is that due to manipulation of breath during Chakrasana steps it can have a profound effect on our health.
It usually does not require the supervision of the specialist. Regardless, it is not right to be negligent in it. Let’s check out the Chakrasana steps below.
Source :- achisoch . com
What Does It Mean By Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)?
Chakrasan is also known as Urdhwa Dhanurasana, it is a Sanskrit word that is made up of two words, in which
The first word is “Urdhwa (उर्ध्व)” which means “Raised / Upward”
And the second word is “Dhanura (धनुर)” which means “Bow”
Finally, the third word is “Asana (आसन)”, which means “Yoga Pose”
Your position in the Chakrasana looks like the raised up of the bow. Chakrasana is a backbend yoga, it is also called Wheel Pose in English. In this posture, there is a tendency towards the top to appear like a wheel. Let’s know the method of Chakrasana in detail.
Preparatory Poses of Chakrasana:
- Kapotasana (कपोतासन) or Pigeon Pose
- Bhujangasana (भुजंगासन) or Cobra Pose
- Virasana (वीरासन) or Hero Pose
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (सेतु बंध सर्वांगासन) or Bridge Pose
- Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (ऊर्ध्व मुख श्वानासन) or Upward Facing Dog Pose
Instructions to Chakrasana steps
Here are the instructions to the Chakrasana steps as follows:
- Lie flat on your back on the floor
- Keep your arms straight with the body length
- Bend your legs from the knee, and bring the feet closer to your hips while bringing the legs
- Keep the hands near the head
- The distance between hands should be as much as between the feet
- Put the weight on the legs and lift the hips up
- Now put weight on your hands and lift the shoulders and then lift the torso up and straighten the muscles
- Come on until you’re completely straightened out while breathing
- Keep feet firmly positioned
- Turn as much as the bench, turn it to cooperate with the back
- Focus vision between hands
- Stay in the asana for 5-10 seconds
- Then head back to the ground
- Keep breathing while you are coming down
- Repeat 2-3 times If not so much; do as much as you can
- If you find it difficult to lift upward balance, you can make a bridge in exchange for it
- To make this posture easy, you can put Yoga blocks under your hands
- Keep the blocks in a wall so that you do not slip
Follow-Up Poses of Chakrasana Steps:
- Supta Padangusthasana (सुप्त पदांगुष्ठासन) or Reclining hand-to-big-toe pose
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (अर्ध मत्स्येन्द्रासन) or Half lord of the fishes pose, Half spinal twist pose
Source :- medium . com
Precaution To Take In Chakrasana Steps
- The morning time is the most beneficial for you to do the Chakrasana steps
- Make this asana with the help of an expert; otherwise, there may be many problems in your body
- Those people who have undergone any kind of operation should not try the Chakrasana steps
- People with Hernia should keep themselves away from the Chakrasana steps
- Pregnant women should stay away from trying out this pose
- People with heart disease, neck, and waist pain should not perform this pose
- People with high blood pressure do not do this posture; otherwise, you may have to face many problems
- Do not drink water or eat food before doing this asana
Source :- w3doctor . com
Benefits Of Chakrasana Steps
Like every posture, Chakrasana Steps also has many benefits. Some of them are:
- Asthma is therapeutic for asthma, back pain, infertility and osteoporosis
- Brushing in chest and lungs
- Thyroid and pituitary stimulates the glands
- Chakrasana Steps increases physical and mental energy and reduces depression
- Chakrasana Steps makes strong legs, buttocks, spinal cord, muscles, and wrists
However, there are innumerable advantages of Chakrasana steps. It positively affects from a headache to the muscles. With this, we have flexibility in our body as well as we learn to stand upright. The chest is on the outside and the shoulders become tight.
In fact, in everyday races, we notice that we often work towards the front and sit, sit down. As a result, our waist tilts forward. Whereby problems like a headache are born. The diagnosis of such problems is contained in the semiconductor alone.
Waist pains slip disks and citric patients should avoid all the Asanas. But it is such an asana which can benefit them even by doing it. Not only has this, regularizing the back, neck and waist muscles strengthened. As a result, despite the excessive physical activity, we feel less tired.
While doing this posture, keep in mind that you should never try to turn your waist extra. It can cause leakage in the waist. Do not take your neck back in shock. This increases the possibility of neck stroke. This posture teaches the body to maintain balance. Therefore always focus your body balance.
Check Related Article:-