We all know how much yoga is beneficial to our health. Yoga improves our flexibility, strength, and tones our muscles. There are many yoga positions or yoga asanas that improve our health, Padmasana or Lotus Position is one of them. This is a sitting yoga position which is very powerful and easy to do. Padmasana or Lotus Position is an extremely powerful pose that makes a connection between our mind, body, and soul. From making a connection between mind and body to reduce weight there are many Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits everyone should know.
Padmasana or Lotus Position is the yoga position where we have to sit crossing our legs, this yoga position is originated from lotus or Padma. The lotus, or the Padma ( in Sanskrit) is the significance of spirituality, purity, and beauty. In the Hindu mythology, Gods and Goddesses hold the Padma or lotus. Occasionally Gods and Goddesses are shown to be seated on the lotus. In Buddhism, it is said that wherever Buddha steps foot, a lotus bloomed. So Padma or lotus is the symbol of power and purity, Like this by doing Padmasana or Lotus Position, we can be reached to spirituality. So here we are describing some of Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits. Check this out below…
Steps To Perform Padmasana:
- Spread a mat on the floor and sit on it by stretching your legs.
- Fold the right leg bending your knee slowly and place it on your left thigh. Make it sure that your feet should touch your navel.
- Like earlier fold the left leg slowly bending your knee and place it on your right thigh.
- Erect your spinal cord.
- Place your palms on the knee joints and touch your thumb to the index finger and face other fingers the upward.
- Start breathing slowly and deeply.
- In the beginning, do this asana for 2 to 3 minutes, increase the time by 15 to 30 minutes once you are used to it.
Padmasana or Lotus Position Benefits:
Padmasana or Lotus Position is powerful yoga and it has many benefits. So let’s what are the Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits…
- Padmasana or Lotus Position relaxes the mind and helps to calm the brain and also improves concentration.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position straighten the spine and activates the pelvis, the abdomen, and the bladder. It prevents abdominal diseases by preserving vital fluids in the body.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position prevents female disorders that are connected to the reproductive organs.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position is more effective for women as it cures menstrual issues and sciatica. Practicing regularly this asana reduces the cramps.
- If this asana is practiced through pregnancy, it makes pelvis flexible that eases the childbirth and reduce pain during birthing child.
- This asana opens up and strengthens the hips and make hip and knee joint more flexible.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position awaken the Chakras and leads you to spirituality.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position improve posture for sure if it is practiced regularly.
- Regular practice of this asana boosts our energy levels and restore it.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position gives the abdominal region a gentle massage that boosts our digestive function. This asana boosts blood circulation to the abdominal region that enhances the digestive processes and reduces digestive problems like loose motion and constipation.
These are the Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits. So do this yoga to be benefitted in this problems.
Practice Yoga and be healthy…!
Check Related Yoga Article:-
- Padmasana Benefits Everyone Should Know
- Benefits Of Baddha Padmasana, And The Methods to Do
- Know All About Kurmasana Benefits And The Steps
- Steps & Benefits Of Shashankasana Or The Rabbit Pose
- Utthita Padmasana | Tulasana| Steps & Benefits
- Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana for Healthy Ovary & Uterus
Q. Why Is The Lotus Position Important?
A. The pose is said to build flow in the lumbar spine, feed and tone the stomach organs, fortify the lower legs and legs, and increment adaptability in the hips.
Q. Is Sitting In Lotus Position Good For You?
A. Padmasana has numerous health benefits for attitude, rawness and otherworldly vitality. It helps increment course in the lower spine, empower and tone stomach muscles and organs and increment adaptability and quality in the hips, lower legs and legs.
Q. How Long Can You Sit In Lotus Position?
A. Hold for up to one minute, or for the term of your contemplation or pranayama practice. Discharge the pose by gradually and delicately expanding the two legs along the floor in Staff Pose.
Q. How Do You Sit In Full Lotus Comfortably?
A. Possibly practice this posture on the off chance that you can sit comfortably in Half Lotus with your back straight and away from a divider. On the off chance that you feel yourself worrying or battling to raise your left foot up, chill out until further notice and recall that you can generally attempt full lotus again later on and that it turns out to be progressively open for some after some time.