We all know how much yoga is beneficial to our health. Yoga improves our flexibility, strength, and tones our muscles. There are many yoga positions or yoga asanas that improve our health, Padmasana or Lotus Position is one of them. This is a sitting yoga position which is very powerful and easy to do. Padmasana or Lotus Position is an extremely powerful pose that makes a connection between our mind, body, and soul. From making a connection between mind and body to reduce weight there are many Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits everyone should know.
Padmasana or Lotus Position is the yoga position where we have to sit crossing our legs, this yoga position is originated from lotus or Padma. The lotus, or the Padma ( in Sanskrit) is the significance of spirituality, purity, and beauty. In the Hindu mythology, Gods and Goddesses hold the Padma or lotus. Occasionally Gods and Goddesses are shown to be seated on the lotus. In Buddhism, it is said that wherever Buddha steps foot, a lotus bloomed. So Padma or lotus is the symbol of power and purity, Like this by doing Padmasana or Lotus Position, we can be reached to spirituality. So here we are describing some of Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits. Check this out below…
Steps To Perform Padmasana:
Everything You Need To Know
- Spread a mat on the floor and sit on it by stretching your legs.
- Fold the right leg bending your knee slowly and place it on your left thigh. Make it sure that your feet should touch your navel.
- Like earlier fold the left leg slowly bending your knee and place it on your right thigh.
- Erect your spinal cord.
- Place your palms on the knee joints and touch your thumb to the index finger and face other fingers the upward.
- Start breathing slowly and deeply.
- In the beginning, do this asana for 2 to 3 minutes, increase the time by 15 to 30 minutes once you are used to it.
Padmasana or Lotus Position Benefits:
Padmasana or Lotus Position is powerful yoga and it has many benefits. So let’s what are the Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits…
- Padmasana or Lotus Position relaxes the mind and helps to calm the brain and also improves concentration.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position straighten the spine and activates the pelvis, the abdomen, and the bladder. It prevents abdominal diseases by preserving vital fluids in the body.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position prevents female disorders that are connected to the reproductive organs.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position is more effective for women as it cures menstrual issues and sciatica. Practicing regularly this asana reduces the cramps.
- If this asana is practiced through pregnancy, it makes pelvis flexible that eases the childbirth and reduce pain during birthing child.
- This asana opens up and strengthens the hips and make hip and knee joint more flexible.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position awaken the Chakras and leads you to spirituality.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position improve posture for sure if it is practiced regularly.
- Regular practice of this asana boosts our energy levels and restore it.
- Padmasana or Lotus Position gives the abdominal region a gentle massage that boosts our digestive function. This asana boosts blood circulation to the abdominal region that enhances the digestive processes and reduces digestive problems like loose motion and constipation.
These are the Padmasana or Lotus Position benefits. So do this yoga to be benefitted in this problems.
Practice Yoga and be healthy…!
Check Related Yoga Article :-