Yoga brings many benefits to your overall health and well-being. It can balance your energy, increase flexibility, and relieve stress. There is a connection between stress and hypothyroidism, but certain yoga poses are thought to balance out thyroids that are either under active or overactive. Several studies have shown the positive effect of yoga on improving thyroid function. So, let’s see which are the poses of yoga for thyroid.
Yoga For Thyroid:
Everything You Need To Know
Most of these poses are considered throat-stimulating. They’re thought to improve circulation and energy flow around the thyroid, and stretch and strengthen the neck. So here are the poses of yoga for thyroid.
Source :- quirkybyte . com
Sirshasana Or Headstand Pose:
It is one of the finest yoga postures as it helps in managing acts directly on the thyroid glands. It aids in balancing the metabolic functions and brings wakefulness and alertness in body. This is one of the great yoga for thyroid.
- Place a mat to give your hands and elbows support. Start with your hands placed by your shoulders and your knees placed closer to the ground in a hunchback position. Slowly bring the crown of your head towards the ground.
- Now bring your hands away from your face and walk your feet in. Hold the position for 5-10 seconds.
- Bring your knees and feet closer to your body in a V-shape position and try to bring both your knees to rest on top of your triceps. Hold the position for another 5-10 breaths.
- After you’ve gained some stability, try to float your knees off your arms with your knees; slowly get closer to your butt.
- From here, reach out towards the ceiling by stretching your legs up from the bent position.
- Extend your legs directly up into the air and press the inner thighs tightly together to not fall backwards.
- Hold this pose for 15 to 20 seconds.
Source :- cdn2 . stylecraze . com
Setubandhasana Or Bridge Pose:
If you are able to perform the bridge pose successfully, you will be able to stretch your neck to quite and extent and activate the thyroid glands. It helps in calming the brain, reducing anxiety and improving the digestion system. This is one of the great yoga for thyroid.
- Lie down on your back.
- Your arms should be on the sides of your thighs.
- Now, fold your knees and clasp your ankle with your palms.
- The distance between the feet should be 10 inches.
- With inhale raise your back in relaxed manner as possible as you can.
- Maintain the pose for 30 seconds or more with slow inhaling and exhaling.
Source :- i . pinimg . com
Halasana Or Plow Pose:
This exercise gives compression to the neck thereby, stimulating the abdominal and thyroid glands. It also calms the brain and reduces stress and fatigue.The pose resembles to the Indian plough, hence it is called Halasana. This is one of the great yoga for thyroid.
- Lie flat on your back with your arms alongside your body and your palms facing down.
- Press your arms and back into the floor for support.
- On an inhale, lift your legs up to ninety degrees.
- Slowly exhale and bring your legs over your head.
- Bring your hands to your lower back to support your body.
- Keep your fingers pointing up toward your hips.
- Hold This pose for 30 to 45 seconds.
Check Related Article :-
Source :- cocolett . com
Sarvangasana Or Shoulder Stand Pose:
It helps in stimulating thyroid glands and controls thyroxin. In this particular pose, the blood flows from the legs to the head region due to the inverted pose which helps in mitigating thyroid. This is one of the great yoga for thyroid.
- Lie down on your back.
- Inhale and lift both of your legs upwards.
- Make a 90 degree angle uplift your legs.
- Now exhale and lift up your waist using your hands.
- Now get your legs, back and waist in a straight line.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
Source :- shape . com
Savasana Or Corpse Pose:
While this pose may not seem difficult, it can actually be challenging to lie in stillness for a stretch of time. This pose allows your body to rest open fully and completely supported. This is one of the great yoga for thyroid.
- Lie flat on your back with your feet about hip-width apart and your toes splayed out to the side.
- Extend your arms away from the body with your palms facing up.
- Place your head, neck, and spine in one line.
- Allow yourself to relax completely and let go of any tension in the body.
- Stay in this position for 45 to 60 seconds.