Janushirasana is a yoga pose which is known as Head Knee Pose in English. This is one of the seated yoga poses which has many health benefits. This yoga looks quite difficult to do but once you get used to it, it will not be that difficult. The Sanskrit word “Janu” means knee “joint” in English. “Shirsa” means “head” and “Asana” means “yoga pose” that’s why this yoga pose is known as Head Knee Pose. In this yoga pose, you have to place your head on knee joints. There are many Janushirasana benefits on our health. Here I will be discussing about Janushirasana, It’s steps and benefits. So see below to know more about this yoga pose.
Source :- naturehomeopathy . com
What Is Janushirasana?
Everything You Need To Know
Janushirasana is one of the yoga poses of Ashtanga Yoga. Janushirasana belongs to the primary stage of Ashtanga Yoga. In this yoga pose, you have to fold your body in such way your heads get closer to the knees. Janushirasana is the preliminary of the posture Paschimottana Asana or Seated Forwarded Bend Pose. This Posture helps you to bring flexibility and youthfulness to your muscles and nerves of your body.
Steps To Do Janushirasana:
Janushirasana is a seated yoga pose which is simple and easy. For beginners, it may look difficult but once you master the yoga position it will not be that difficult. See the steps below…
- Sit on the floor extending your legs in front you.
- Fold your right leg and place it to the left leg’s origin.
- Stretch your left leg out as it looks like the word “L”.
- Now inhale and bend your body over your left leg.
- Keep your spine stretched.
- Try to touch your knee with your nose.
- Grab your feet with your arms.
- Hold your breath and stay in this position as long as you can.
- Do the same to another side.
Recommended Articles :-
- Know All About Supta Virasana Benefits, Steps & Precautions
- Know All About Kurmasana Benefits And The Steps
- Ustrasana Benefits Everyone Should Know About
- Bhujangasana Benefits Everyone Should Know
- Know The Steps And Benefit Of Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Know About The Steps, Precaution, And Benefit Of Salabhasana
Source :- naturehomeopathy . com
Benefits Of Janushirasana:
There are many Janushirasana benefits on our health. These benefits are described below…
- Janushirasana is one of the best yoga poses to reduce belly fat.
- One of the Janushirasana benefits is this yoga pose helps to active intestines that helps to improve your digestion system and constipation.
- Due to stretching the left leg it gives a gentle massage to the pancreas which helps to defeat diabetes.
- Janurasana helps to recover from cold and fever.
- One of the Janushirasana benefits is by practicing this posture, knees, back, waist and leg nerves and muscles are strengthened.
- Flexibility can be brought in the back and spinal cord, causing irregular pain in them.
- Janushirasana makes respiratory system healthy.
- Seasonal diseases or defects can be cured by Janushirasana. This is another Janushirasana benefits.
- The pain of sciatica can also be overcome by this posture. This is one of the best Janushirasana benefits.
- Diseases of the stomach can be cured and the digestive system can be strengthened.
- This posture can increase the libido in the women and the genitals of the female-male can be strengthened.
- One of the Janushirasana benefits is this asana can help to recover the disorders of the original blood vessel that passes through the spinal cord.
- Practicing Janushirasana helps to get relief from headaches, fatigue, and anxiety.
- Practicing this asana relieves headaches, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Janushirasana helps to reduce menstrual and menopausal disorders.
Source :- journeysofyoga . com
The precaution of practicing Janushirasana are…
- Do not try extra effort at once. The extent of achievement in this position depends on the flexibility of your body, so try slowly for success in this yoga session.
- Do not practice Janushirasana If you are suffering from slipped disc, knee injury or a hernia.
- Do not practice this asana if you have diarrhea or asthma.